Sunday fishing

Started by thorhammer, February 04, 2019, 01:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Had a break in the weather and finally finishing up some renno work that has eaten my free time, so we splashed the sled for a couple hours. No wind, sunny and mild, water still stained from three months of floods but we decided to spider rig some minners and float around. Got some nice hand size perch,a cat that broke a Bream buster and this nice slab...I haven't really crappy fished in years, and this was probably the biggest one I've boated in 20. He was as wide as my gut, that's something lol.

thorhammer

Someone please rotate this.

thx

foakes

Rotated, John —

Nice Crappie!

Reminds of the story in our local newspaper about 20 years ago —

Guy gets off work, decides to fish the San Joaquin River just North of Fresno by the railroad trestle — buys a dozen minnows — catches a 5 lb. 2oz. White Crappie — promptly takes it home, cooks and eats it.

Not realizing that it was a State record at that time.  If he would have had it certified, he would have been in the record books.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Benni3

Great job man,,,,, :D what's the trophy size in your state for that fish,,,, Virginia 2lb or 15",,,,,, ;D

Alto Mare

Great pic John! nice to see you're getting out.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Love that Crappie feeshin'...nice slab John! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

Quote from: Benni3 on February 04, 2019, 02:56:56 PM
Great job man,,,,, :D what's the trophy size in your state for that fish,,,, Virginia 2lb or 15",,,,,, ;D

You know, I don't know....she was for sure 15". I'm on Kerr Lake so I was actually fishing some of water just 130 miles away :)

Full of roe, and released.

El Pescador

To The Great and Powerful Thorhammer!!!

Without the Gleam of Sunlight off your Noggin...

I didn't recognize you!!!

Looks like a great day, and I would love to catch some crappie someday.  Bluegill is what we have around here.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

tomclark

Hardcore weather fishing there!!! :)  Love 'em crispy fins!  We get some "lunker" Specs in Central FL 

Darin Crofton

Nice one, John! Time to eat... ;D
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

steelfish

how I missed this, great fish JOhn

that fish looked really healthy
The Baja Guy

Gfish

Nice! The only fishin contest I ever won was by catchin a big Crappie. Ate a River Runt plug while I was tryin to catch Northerns. Lookin a little cold there hoss. Probably on-par for Feb. Think about joinin the ghost-lookin throngs of touri(real white-sun starved, caucasian & Asian tourists) that come here in winter from colder places. 2 days in and the redheads are turnin into redskins!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Newell Nut

Nice crappie. They are all exciting no matter where they are. Good therapy too.

Dwight

ReelFishingProblems

Glad you got some time to fish.
Nick