Kilwell Rods from Donnyboat in Australia

Started by El Pescador, March 19, 2019, 12:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Don in western Australia asked me to post these Kilwell Rod photos, Don take it from here!

Subject: kilwell international rod

"To whom this may concern, I have just brought a use Kilwell rod in Western Australia, & I am looking for the history on it, the sticker on it has INTERNATION Kilwell 2.05M IGFA 24KG, manufactured & guaranteed by Kilwell, Rotorua, New Zealand.

Could you tell me the year this rod was made, & what price it sold for or the retailed price in NZ dollars would be fine thanks,

Also would you have the original stickers available for it, this sticker that I have read this info from is not looking to good, that is why I did not give the length in imperial measurement. Also there is a stick on the but that is un readable.

Also the roller runners on it could you tell me who makes them or were I might be able to buy any if required, the rollers only have PAT P, on them, I intend on servicing the runner, if I can get them to unscrew. & could you try to give me the present day value, off the ROD.

Yours Truly Don Walton. PS if I have to purchase anything, I deal with Pay Pal. If that is okay."

And the response from Jeff Tuavera
Sales & Exports | Kilwell Sports

Subject: FW: kilwell international rod

"Hello Don,

It looks like the International game rod brand started in the early 80's. The blue and red bindings shows it was F Glass blank that the rod was constructed on, if it was brown and orange it would have been S Glass. This was around 1984 / 85 and the retail $NZ390.00. Compared today's International 24Kg with a detachable aluminium butt  of $NZ1000.00. Our International's changed colours to dark blue bindings over black blank and gold /red nips after that and have now changed to black on black with grey/silver nips.
                As for the original stickers I am sorry we have nothing like that anymore. The roller guides are AFTCO and you should be able to get them in stores in Australia."

Kind Regards
Jeff Tuavera

And now for the photos of Don's Kilwell Rods:

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

whalebreath

I've used Kilwells on big game in the South Pacific-they're quality built products.

exp2000

Kilwell Blanks

Once upon a time in another life: