Possibly my new favorite!

Started by Cubby1973, February 08, 2019, 06:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cubby1973

Recently was lucky enough to have an offer accepted for this beaut and a couple of other reels. This 221 was already in great near mint shape, so after a quick clean and lube looks and runs perfect! Now to find a handle for one of the other reels, a Shakespeare 2052, then will have 3 new running reels.

Thanks
Jeff

foakes

That 221 looks great, Jeff —

On the 2052, do you need the complete handle assembly, just the knob, or?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Cubby1973

Quote from: foakes on February 08, 2019, 07:36:33 PM
That 221 looks great, Jeff —

On the 2052, do you need the complete handle assembly, just the knob, or?

Best,

Fred

mo65

That 221 is super clean...great score! Nice choice of rods too, those Eagle Claw rods are inexpensive but perform great. I use them too. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Cubby1973

Quote from: mo65 on February 08, 2019, 08:56:50 PM
   That 221 is super clean...great score! Nice choice of rods too, those Eagle Claw rods are inexpensive but perform great. I use them too. 8)

Yeah, this is my first eagle claw and have a 5'6" ultra light coming soon. Had to order from Walmart none of my local places carry them. Been getting a lot of the Shakespeare micro series rods for my pan fish reels, very nice rods and cheap! The have 4'6" ultra light all the way up to 7' light for like 16 something. Can't pass them up.

Thanks
Jeff

festus

That 221 is a nice one.  The Eagle Claw is a perfect match. I have the 5-1/2' you mentioned.  The 221 is probably the most versatile freshwater Quick but it's difficult for me to pick a favorite.

Ron Jones

I used a bunch of those rods when I was young. Actually just tried one in Wally World that I think I'm going to pair with a little abu for surf perch on the Olympics this spring. I don't know much about the Dam Quicks, but that reel looks to be in good shape.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Cubby1973

The one I have the 221 on is medium, but is very flexible. I feel its probably more like a medium/light.