Vancouver B.C. fishing?

Started by Christopher M Songer, February 09, 2019, 05:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher M Songer

In Vancouver until 2/19. My daughter lives here now and I expect to be up 2 to 3x a year. Thinking of fishing opportunities and tackle needs for this area.
Heading to Berry's Bait and tackle on Westminster Highway to check out more local info. Any suggestion as to where to fish, what species and when? Also thinking of buy some gear to leave with my daughter's future in-laws. Will not have a boat so limited to shore or party boat.
Always go forward, never go straight

gstours

Talk to the locals,  maybe plan your visits around the different fish runs, and seasons,  weather is more favorable past spring.   Beachcombing for solitude can be year around. ;)

Hardy Boy

Send me a PM and I should be able to help you out with some information and suggestions.

Todd
Todd

Dominick

Quote from: Hardy Boy on February 09, 2019, 06:32:56 PM
Send me a PM and I should be able to help you out with some information and suggestions.

Todd

Secret spots...CIA cloak and dagger.   :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Hardy Boy

Just trying to save everyone the back and forth. Hopefully we will get a fishing update if something interesting happens !

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

alantani

Met Chad this week. He's in port hardy, coast wide Sportfishing.  Really nice guy.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Hardy Boy

Alan: I told Chad to say hi to you at the show, glad he saw you. He runs a good outfit, everything included in his package (including fish processing). His reels are always in great shape as a great guy in Hardy services them ! ;D

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

alantani

Ben has organized a trip already with another operator,  but I'd like to try fishing with him someday.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

whalebreath

No party boats here-Kevin from Bonnie Lee on Granville Island will do a split charter if there's interest.

I know Berry's of old the store isn't what it once was Pacific Net & Twine in Steveston village is the place for saltwater tackle locally.

Pacific Angler-More of a fly shop I rarely buy there but it's usually worth a stop

FWIW-April & May are two of the Best months locally and if the wind dies down action can be quite steady.

July, August & September off the beaches in West Vancouver casting to Coho &  this year Pink Salmon try to hit low tide in the AM.

Best resource for BC fishing on the net