Pflueger contender spinning reel anti reverse

Started by Rkfool, February 04, 2019, 10:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhale1

.......and we all want to see how it is supposed to be , in case we ever score one ;D!!
keep us posted
Brett

Rkfool

Quote from: chockpish on February 05, 2019, 02:37:56 PM
I've had the same problem, when a customer brought me a reel that he worked on! I think that the problem is that the dog and the collar that holds the spring are both upside down! I think also that there is a small spring that is held in place under the dog, which pulls back the dog after you start reeling again! In your picture, it seems to be missing! But I think it's the spring on the collar that activates the dog! The collar with the spring has to sit low on the dog! If not, when you start to reel, it pops out of the dog! Then the anti reverse doesn't work! Hope this works!

Tight lines and be safe!
So you were correct! Everything was upside down. So much for my memory lol!  I corrected everything exactly as the one I ordered of eBay. It still doesn't work lol. I don't know why if the spring is worn or the collar or what have you. At least I know I'm not missing any pieces. It will work and catch like 1 out of 5 tries. Fortunately the dude selling them on eBay had 3 and I bought them all lol. Of course all different sizes one smaller and two larger. The smaller reel part does not fit it's to small next to see if the larger one will fit.

Rkfool

Thanks again to everyone for the help and insight. I'd say a successful first post/thread lol