having your reels fixed here ......

Started by alantani, March 17, 2009, 06:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gjake999

can you work on a stella 1000fa--an upgrade the drags??

Shark Hunter

On the first page, Alan says he does not accept the newer spinners for service because they are so time consuming, unless its the drag upgrade only. There is another gent on here named Handi2 that might be able to help you out. Here is a link to his profile, so you can send him a PM.
http://alantani.com/index.php?action=profile;u=7812
Life is Good!

alantani

the drags are easy!  here's the schematic http://fish.shimano.com/media/fishing/SAC/techdocs/en/Spinning/03STL1000FA_v1_m56577569830646550.pdf and here is the link for drag washers http://smoothdrag.com/price.html.  you can get the carbontex drags and cal's grease at smoothdrag.  for work on the reel itself, check with any of the guys here, or contact shimano for prices. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Southernsharker

Whats your turn around time. I have a penn 10/0 i just got that i would like serviced and ht100 drag kit installed. Thank you for your time

alantani

right now it's down to a couple of weeks!!!!!  i may actually have time to go fishing.  i'll send you a pm.

Southernsharker

alantani

brandon, let's do this.  get in touch with daron, aka shark hunter.  he's actually set up better to service these than i am.  big penns are his specialty. 
pick him up here.  http://alantani.com/index.php?action=profile;u=10121

Southernsharker

Will do thanks alan this site is amazing

dwb123

Hi Alan,

I noticed it's been some time since someone last posted on this thread. Are you still servicing reels? If so, do you have a rough turnaround and price estimate on a basic cleaning/lube of a Tekota 500LC?

Thanks!

David

Bryan Young

Hi David,

We are still servicing reels, and we are very thankful to be giving the privilege to do so as well.

Note, in addition to the basic cleaning and lubrication, we will ALWAYS install greased carbon fiber drag washers if your reel does not come with them and install spring loaded anti-reverse pawl system if Abu-style pawls are used, if possible.

Thank you,

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

star drag reels are $20-40 for service, which mostly depends on the amount of corrosion and how many bearings there are to deal with.  then add the cost of part and return shipping.  send a pm and i can get my address to you.  thanks a million!!!!!!

pjstevko

You still upgrading and serving reels for  non competent people??????

handi2

Quote from: alantani on January 27, 2015, 11:22:18 PM
star drag reels are $20-40 for service, which mostly depends on the amount of corrosion and how many bearings there are to deal with.  then add the cost of part and return shipping.  send a pm and i can get my address to you.  thanks a million!!!!!!

I rate my fees in the same way. A reel that is highly corroded and time consuming just to get apart will be more costly. When reels come in that are well taken care of, come apart as expected, will cost less. The owner gets rewarded this way.

I do hundreds of spinning reels each year and some of them like the Stella take much more time than the Tiagra conventional reel. Especially the small Stella reels.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Bryan Young

Quote from: pjstevko on December 16, 2015, 01:44:45 AM
You still upgrading and serving reels for  non competent people??????
Yes we are...and glad to be of service.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fordfox

Alan,
I would like to send you the following Four (4) reels for (a) Cleaning/Service, (b) Lube (c) Drag upgrade and replacement of any defective/damaged parts;

2@ Newell  S229-5
2@ Daiwa Saltist 40

All Four (4) were purchased used, and have never been opened by me.

Please advise,   fordfox@aol.com