Just another Northwest scene.

Started by gstours, February 16, 2019, 05:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here is a clip of testing a hotrodded reel that I put togather out of bits and pieces.  Works great.  Maybe too good?
  Its here if you want to view some great halibut fishing with my friend Ken as deckhand.    We were fortunate to get a nice day with a few fish scattered about.    Anchored in about 150 feet of Tidewater,  as usual when the tide switched around there was a good bite,   See what you think?

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

Dominick

That looks like a Shimbuttano.  You ought to patent it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

Quote from: alantani on February 16, 2019, 06:48:12 PM
so that light really works?
That is a question I have also.
I bow to Gary's subject matter expertise on this subject, and am wondering if you could give us some idea how much more productive that rig is that a herring on a spreader rig with a pound of weight?

I love watching your video, as always.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

gstours

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  My stuff is usually pretty boring,  least to me, butte like sharing with so many people that can not go or at least are interested in my stuff.🧜‍♂️
   Question was,  do the lights work?  I almost always use a light above my bait.   Lots of people use the spreaderbar with good success.   I've gone to this o ring setup with the lead line separating the bait rig, using a snap, there's a lot of ways to present your bait with out tangles....
   My friend Ken is one of my best students and uses a slider with the lead line and does very well.
  I guess I can show more info on this if there is interest?  Here's my Ken with a prize.

gstours

Good tides, good times. Good herrings.  Fishing with the red cooler 🎯

Gman_WC

How fortunate Ken is to have a
Butti Knight to train him in the ways
of the force.
Keep up the good work Gary, and I enjoy
all of your videos.
What is the significance of the red cooler?
I missed that one, but remember Dom paying homage
to it on his trip to fish with you.
Walnut Creek, CA

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Fishy247

QuoteWhat is the significance of the red cooler?

It holds the bait....also I think it's where Gary likes to keep his mojo...

gstours

Thanks for the great question.  The red cooler seems to have some unseen power over the fish 🐟.
  It took me almost 20 years to figure this out.   When I took the red cooler fishing was good,  otherwise notta.   I don't leave home with out it anymore.   Not that I'm superstitious or anything?

Frank

"I guess I can show more info on this if there is interest?'

I'm in!!!
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

gstours

Oh my,🤷‍♂️  Do you wanna see more red cooler pictures?🐟.     Just say the words.   🧜‍♂️

Frank

I'll take any video you want to post, Gary. They are all very interesting and the scenery is awesome.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

David Hall

I am interested in your bait setups, I want to somewhat copy them but on a smaller scale for our little baby halibut.  our giant halibut are 20-30lbs, so that's like a 1/10th scale of yours.
but im interested in hooks, leaders, weights, how you keep them separate, how you like to rig them and stuff like that.  so if you find a slow day, take some close ups of each component and describe how you like to rig them.

Ive got a new super secret halibut fishing hole to work this season, its on the edge of a canyon with several shelfs at varying depths from 60'-250'.  I have no idea if theres any fish there, but i want to burn up 20-30 hrs trying it anyway.