What I got in the mailbox today

Started by Guldhamstern, February 21, 2019, 01:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guldhamstern

With some assistans these items made the transatlantic trip. And I'm now a greatful owner of a Tail-lite devon, Alcedo Micron and, as a bonus, Daiwa ag1605xb.
The little lure marketed as:
"The finest of all devons", will obviously bring great catches...Markus

"Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new."
-Henry David Thoreau

Dominick

Markus the Alcedo was wrapped so well I did not open it to take a look, so I'm glad you are happy with it.  The bonus reel is from the "pay it forward" philosophy of the Ohana family.  I'm glad the package finally arrived.  Have fun and post some photos of fish when the weather permits.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Guldhamstern

Quote from: Dominick on February 21, 2019, 06:39:01 PM
The bonus reel is from the "pay it forward" philosophy of the Ohana family.  I'm glad the package finally arrived.  Have fun and post some photos of fish when the weather permits.  Dominick

That's nice.
"Do ye even so to them"

For now, my balance sheet are not in balance. Markus

-Henry David Thoreau

Darin Crofton

Good stuff man, this place is global!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Donnyboat

thats OHANA for you Markus enjoy, good stuff Dom, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Midway Tommy

Those Microns are nice little ultra-lites! I'm sure you will enjoy it if to decide to fish it. They're a tricky reel to take completely apart so be careful, go slow & take lots of pictures along the way. This is a 2CS but basically the same process.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Guldhamstern

Quote from: Midway Tommy on February 26, 2019, 06:45:15 PM
Those Microns are nice little ultra-lites! I'm sure you will enjoy it if to decide to fish it. They're a tricky reel to take completely apart so be careful, go slow & take lots of pictures along the way. This is a 2CS but basically the same process.

Yes, it's the most diffucult reel i've messed with so far. This was just supposed to be a backup reel (actually there's three in my custody now).
Did not had the curage to take the ball bearing apart.
Had a lot of trouble with the bail spring so a got a new one from a guy in new jersey, i've read somewhere that it eats a lot of bail spring.
Maybe I'll cut the bail on one.

Interesting, there are some variations in the models. Some got a oil hole for the driver gear, some does not. Different ways of attaching the medallion. And some varioations to the bail screw. And the drag click mechanism are different.
Guess it would be fun to interpret the serial number and get them dated.
Nice detail is the fabric that's wrapped around the spool, guess it's there so hinder dirt from going under the spool. Markus
-Henry David Thoreau