Lucas Reel Oil

Started by Marlinmate, February 22, 2019, 03:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlinmate

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

RowdyW

You just can't beat 321 synthetic.

Marlinmate

Thanks.   Has anyone tried Lucas Reel Oil?

akfish

It is very light; I suspect it would be fine on bait casters. But I can't stand the Lucas Grease. It's white lithium stuff that you just can't remove.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Tiddlerbasher

For me TSI321 can't be beat - I've even given up looking at other oils.
x2 on the Lucas grease it is pants. Wherever it goes it stays just can't get it off >:(

Christopher M Songer

Interested in hearing just what people think of Lucas reel oil. I bought 2 bottle for $5 each at a show in Niagara Falls last month. Been using it for Lake Erie charter reels but have nothing to report as none of the reels have been put into use yet. I plan to use it on my own reels. Not interested in ts1321 or other oils you use at this time.
Always go forward, never go straight

Marlinmate

Has anyone tried the Lucas Reel Oil?   Curious to know how it performs.   

eguinn

has anybody used "black market oil", best stuff i've found

oc1

I've been using an oil that cleans, protects AND lubricates.  What more could one ask for.
-steve

handi2

Quote from: oc1 on February 25, 2019, 06:50:45 AM
I've been using an oil that cleans, protects AND lubricates.  What more could one ask for.
-steve

That's the one..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Bryan Young

Sorry.  Haven't tired it.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Quote from: oc1 on February 25, 2019, 06:50:45 AM
-steve

For a couple years after I retired, I worked retail at a small regional paint company.  Lucky enough to visit the factory to see its manufacture, I was fortunate enough to talk with the chemists.  Home Depots claim to have paint with primer was just becoming the rage.  The chemists told me to never believe that one product be it paint or lube, can do more than one different thing properly.  Paint can't prime, Primer can't be proper paint.  The chemist being a fellow gun nut explained to me the same goes for CLP or Breakfree.  I've found that to be true in firearms.  CLP might lightly clean but it can't clean like Hoppe's 9.  CLP leaves a light film but doesn't last but a few days on a pistol slide rail.  I can't see it staying in a rotating BB for long.   Glad it worked for you....

nelz

Hmm, I'd say CorrosionX does pretty good triple duty... cleans, protects and lubricates.