Looking for a LH SS gear sleeve

Started by natch!, February 24, 2019, 03:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natch!

Hi everyone,
  I'm working on a left hand Jig Master for a co-worker. Are there stainless gear sleeves available for these? Heck, are there any gear sleeves available?

Jack

doradoben

I just looked and there is a 98-60LH gear sleeve on the big auction site. Without looking up the number, I'm guessing that the one you're asking about.

Porthos

Looks like the Penn factory part is still available:
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Penn500L_LH.aspx

Unlike the right-hand 500, a LH SS one is not listed...

natch!

Thanks guys, The 98-60LH brass sleeve does show on the Mystic website. I guess I missed it when I scanned the list. A lefty SS gear sleeve seems to be quite rare. I'll rebuild this with a greased 3 washer Smoothdrag set and caution my friend to go easy on the drag.

Jack

Bryan Young

I believe Alan made a few years ago. The last one that I bought from him was maybe 8 or 9 years ago.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

natch!

Thanks Bryan. He's out of them now. Standard Jig Master drag is plenty here in the Bay Area.

Jack

Petah

Jack,
        I have an extra LH stainless gear sleeve that Alan T. had made. Problem is that it has left handed fine threads for the
stars and there are no stars available. I bought the tap and am having Keta cut me some stars. If you want the sleeve you can have it!!
If you PM Keta maybe he could cut you a star as well??? PM me your address and I'll send out the sleeve!!!!

Peter

Keta

Your LH tap is setting where I see it every day I am at the shop.  I need to see if I can get the cutter to put aside better paying jobs and cut the order I gave him last August or go back to making my parts with a saw, drill press and files.

I have 1 LH gearsleeve left but it is going in my reel.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Petah

Lee,
      I did read that you're having a problem with your cutter and I hope that you don't think I'm badgering you!!!!
I have un-diagnosed ADHD and a lot of vehicles that I'm working on all the time so I tend to forget where I'm at
or who I have to talk to next!!! Could be the "Aging" process too!!!!! Make sure to take some time off and go fishing!!!!

Peter

natch!

Just got back home today and found the gear sleeve from Petah in my pile of mail. Thanks Man! I thought this would be impossible to find.
There's a CNC machine  at work that may be able to produce the matching star.

Jack

Petah

Jack,
       13/32nds thread pitch 32

Peter

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!