Need Help Identifying 7000 Replacement Spool

Started by Walleye Guy, November 21, 2022, 08:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walleye Guy

I have a 1973 Ambassadeur 7000 that I bought used and didn't get a parts diagram with it.  Today I was poking around Craigslist at lunchtime and found a couple of spools for sale.  I would love to have a spare spool or two for this reel.  I know this isn't ideal or practical, but can any of the Ambassadeur gurus out there tell me just by visually looking at them if they'll fit?  Even if a couple of you can say "well, they don't look wrong" and that'll give me enough confidence to make the purchase.  The seller isn't close enough for me to drive over and compare in person.  The P/N listed on each tube is 9158.  If it helps, I can request pictures of each side of the spools.  Thanks in advance!

Walleye Guy

I did some digging during lunchtime and learned something that greatly surprised me.

Check out the two attached parts illustrations:

7000 81-4

7000C 81-2

Both reels use the same spool: P/N 975151...and one reel has spool bearings and one reel has spool bushings.

Also attached is a picture of P/N 6975 spool which I think is the correct P/N for my reel. 

This spool also has the step in the shaft like the spools for sale.

Still hoping one of you gurus will chime in yet...

Walleye Guy

I found my answer, check out the attached file.  Part Number 6975 = Code Number 9158 so they are the same thing.  Even though no one responded, hopefully this information will be able to help someone sometime.  Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who reads this.  :)

Gfish

So, yours is a no-ball bearing- 7000? No Abu guru here, but I really like the bushings in my '73 5000 and my 9000. Easy to service and inexpensive to replace, no tiny spaces to hide saltwater. Thanks for the info./digging.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!