Peacock Flounder

Started by wailua boy, February 26, 2019, 12:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Still lookin for my first Peacock Flounder, they look good eatin, what to use and how?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

wailua boy

This guy was hooked on a basic 3 way swivel rig with a chunk of akule for bait, fished in a small sand channel in about 6ft of water. Kind of funny I was also fishing a floating rig for bait and had the flounder rise  to strike my floater, a few moments later; he struck my 3 way swivel rig.

Gfish

Thanks wailua boy. Hungry guy. The ones I've seen are in the sand.
Which's the "real" Wailua, big island, or Kaua'i?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

wailua boy

I'm a Kauai boy, born and raised in Wailua Homesteads but reside on Maui but my folks are still in Lawai, so I visit often. We actually have a town called Wailua here on Maui too, close to Keanae.

wailua boy

Here's a smaller flatfish species, caught and released shorecasting on a sliding sinker rig

Gfish

Cool!
I'm bout 2 miles east of Lawai, off Omao Rd. I fish mostly off the South shore. The Wailua reservior skunked me about 4 times, but I managed to get some Smallies down behind the dam. Whatsa meaning of "Wailua".

wailua boy

Omao is a nice area. I have a few friends on the street, wonder if you know them. Wailua has a few translations but most commonly means two waters or a conflux in a river. Wai =freshwater and lua = 2