lubrication & accurates

Started by Jim, February 19, 2009, 02:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

Help, advice please!!
I've noticed a that a second ATD30 has now developed a little 'handle turning resistance' that I find is coming from the handle bearing. (Not in the handle, the one the arm goes into, inside the right side plate.)
Is this common?
The last one I was able to 'cure' (1 1/2 years no re-occurence) with a scant drop of Penn Synthetic Reel oil, my current bearing oil.
Your thoughts please on replacing this bearing, maybe with a ceramic hybrid? (It's a real pain in the you-know-what to get to this bearing.)
All my Accs reall freespool well, but I've got a 665 hispeed that I use for throwing bombs that could always be better, is the extreme+ a noticable improvement to the Penn synthetic?
Thanks!
Jim

alantani

hi, jim!  yes, the xtreme reel + will make a HUGE difference in freespool.  before my next long range trip, all of my accurates are coming apart and the bearings are getting cleaned and lubed.  check the drive shaft bearing for corrosion.  that's probably the cause.  i'd recommend packing all of these bearings with grease.  then they will never again be an issue.  it's the spool bearings that may cause problems down the line.  check out the xtreme reel +, but plan on having to tear down your reels after every long range trip.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!