Precision Tools Help

Started by tunacow, March 30, 2009, 10:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tunacow

Hi Alantani

I would like to start servicing my reels by myself ..My problem is we here in the Philipines lack quality tools so i badly need your help to get started with the tools set up ..I might need to buy them there in the US ..Most of my reels are 3pcs Shimano Ocea Jiggers ,and 2pcs Accurate 665 .. what are the Must have tools for a newbie like me?? :-\

i have been reading alot of your post on the net..thank you for your contribution to this wonderfull sport..please lead me to the wright direction..

thank you
S

alantani

the shimano is metric, of course.  you'll need a 10mm combo wrench and a set of small metric and phillips screwdrivers.  the accurate is SAE, so you will need a 3/8ths inch combo wrench. the most important thing is a number 7 torx bit.  you will have to grind it down so that you have a long shank.  in photo below, you see a number 8 torx on the right that has not been ground down.  on the left, you see a number 7 torx that has been.  the screw holes on accurates are deep.  that's why you have to grind these down.  oh, some of the older models have a a hex head.  if that's the case, just grind down the bit in the same manner.  alan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

tunacow

Hi Alantani,

I will be purchasing these tools as soon as i get all the info  ..Please try to post what you have in mind that would be of use or always in use for future reel tools.Do you have some specialized tools for sale ..Can you recomend me a website i can purchase online.hopefully one stop shop so i wont pay double shipping :(  ..sory for the 20 questions..!! kinda desperate here :'(

these are the tools that you suggested ..
1.Metric  10mm combo wrench 
2.and a set of small metric and phillips screwdrivers. 
3. accurate is SAE,  3/8ths inch combo wrench. number 7 torx bit.  ( grind it down so that you have a long shank.)

thank you for the time
S   

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!