SR 30 Drag Problems

Started by 707Fisherman, March 18, 2009, 12:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

707Fisherman

Alan I am have n some issues with getting the drag to stay set where i put it .  what happens is I set it then pull some line out and the drag tightens I did every thing the Booklet said as far as making sure the rubber washer is well lube so it wont stick but it still dose! Do you have a CURE DOC ??

Thanks in advance Gary

alantani

if you have a star drag or standard 3 stack spinning reel, then this will happen if you've reversed the order of the last two metal washers in the drag stack.  if you have an accurate sr 30 spinning reel, this would not apply.  somehow, the preset knob of you accurate is in direct contact with the spool so that it turn when your spool turns.  has anyone had this reel apart?  alan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

707Fisherman

Yes The reel has come apart before as it is My cousins reel and not mine but he gave it to me to see if I knew anybody that could fix it with out have n to wait on Accurate :( Lucky me LOL !!  as far as the drag gose he was only able to mess up the # 82 disc spring washer orientation which when i took it apart was ))) I went on Acc web site they have it clear that it should be ()( that was it ! But for some reason It still catches and turns the drag shaft nut which in turns  means a whole lotta DRAG !!!!!

Sorry for posting this ? in the welcome fourm but I didnt know where else to post it.  My bad LOL

alantani

here's the schematic for the sr 30 http://accuratefishing.com/pdfs/sr_30_50_ipb.pdf  somewhere inside there are parts out of order or even parts missing.  you can lay things out, take photos and get those photos to accurate and they should be able to help.  e-mail them to me as well and i will take a look, though i've never had one of these apart before.  it looks fairly straight forward.  i don't mean to sound like an old cynic, but my first guess is that someone dropped a washer on the floor and didn't notice. 

707Fisherman

HEY I was think n the same thing But After a call to Todd at Benicia Bait He said he had one do the same thing.  I drove down and watched him do his thing.  All Parts were there he Scratched his head and Ding Light BULB went off then he went on to tell me that in order to set the drag.  You have to back off the preset lock. Then turn the preset knob sub assembly counter clock wise about half a turn.Then tighten the preset lock.  pull some line n repeat until you get the drag Pressure you want !! thanks for the Replys Brotha !!!  ;D now i have to go ply with my sr 12 n b2-30 lol !!   

alantani

glad it was simple!  i'm going to have to get one of those and play around with it.  nice reel!  alan