BPS Pro Qualifier 2 drag washers?

Started by Bubba.Gritz, February 27, 2019, 01:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba.Gritz

Has anyone installed a set of Smooth Drag washers in one of the newer BPS PQ 2s?  Looks like drag stack is pretty much the same as old PQ reels (newer ones may be diff manufacturer) -- 3 washers in main stack, 1 under the main gear.  Very thin washers.
Anyone know the closest compatible set that Smooth carries? Should have found my calipers and measured -- and will do soon.  Just hoping someone already knows the answer. 

Thanks -- Joel

Bubba.Gritz

After talking w/ Dawn it appears that the measurements on the PQ v2 washers are the same as the Revo STX set I've used for the PQ v1 reel (4 washers / $10). Have ordered a set and will confirm fit.

Dimensions of drag washers on PQ v2:

1 washer under main gear:

22mm outside
8mm inside
1mm thick

3 washers in the main stack:

25mm outside
8mm inside
.5 mm thick (approximate, hard to measure that thin)

alantani

inside the main gear, you should be able to use the #6-965 ($1.25) / 8.15 x 24.61 x 0.85.  under the nail gear, a #6-965 that is cut down should fit.  also, look at the carbontex drag set for the tekota 300.  i'll bet that set would work!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bubba.Gritz

Just wanted to confirm that the Smooth Drag set for the previous generation Pro Qualifier reels works for this newer iteration (ver 2) of the reel.  Smooth lists this as the "Revo STX" set on their list at http://www.smoothdrag.com/price.html

There are a total of 4 washers: 1 under the main gear, 3 in the main stack.

Price is $10.  Turns a an affordable bass reel for under $100 (got mine on sale for $50) into a great economy reel.

FYI -- joel

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!