South Florida fishing report....

Started by pjstevko, February 27, 2019, 01:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I'm back in my old stomping grounds of SW Florida for 3 weeks of work doing prescribed burning and off course I brought a rod with me  ;D This will be an ongoing report of my nightly fishing adventures....

Well I've been back for less than 24 hours and already caught a couple snook. It's nice to know that my old spots are still producing fish!

Stand by for more reports....

Newell Nut

Glad your old spots produce some fine eating snook. Enjoy.
Dwight

Fishy247

Very nice! I love the fishing in Florida. Looking forward to more of your reports to live vicariously through!

Mike

wfjord

Nice. Makes me long for the years I lived in west central FL and fishing all night til the sun came up. I had a particular passion for snook!

conchydong

I don't fish inshore very much now but when I did, linesiders were my favorite catch. Way to go.

Dominick

Hey PJ are there any tarpon in those waters?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

pjstevko

Quote from: Dominick on February 27, 2019, 11:59:27 PM

Yup there sure are! I just need to find where they are hiding..... They're number one on my hit list!

Cor

Looks like you're  going to have a great time,.........mimmm working!
Beautiful surroundings.
Cornelis

Dominick

Quote from: pjstevko on February 28, 2019, 12:53:35 PM
Quote from: Dominick on February 27, 2019, 11:59:27 PM

Yup there sure are! I just need to find where they are hiding..... They're number one on my hit list!

You have to live line them.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3

Very nice snook,,,,there on my bucket list,,,,, ;D

pjstevko

I've been fishing every evening and catching a few small son here or there but nothing worth posting...... Except for tonight...
Here a nice snook that hit a weedless white jerkbait right at dusk!

conchydong

Hope you are enjoying the balmy weather. This is like the third week straight with highs in the 80's. Looking forward to a real cold front.

pjstevko

I managed to catch a small jack today, for their size they are great fighters! I also found a spot today that is holding micro tarpon but need to downsize my lures so once I get what I need I'll head back and tangle with 4-8 inch tarpon!

Fishy247

Nice! Get a bunch of them baby tarpon mounted and make a set of refrigerator magnets!

pjstevko

Today's fishing adventure was all about catching micro versions of what would eventually become behemoth sized adult fish! The first catch of a day was a baby goliath grouper who fell victim to my DOA terroreyez! The next stop was the baby tarpon spot I checked out yesterday. Today I showed up armed with super small flies, which were a challenge to throw with my spinning rod, and it seemed to do the trick. I landed about 6 micro tarpon in an hours time!

The adult versions of both species I caught today can grow to several hundred pounds each so it's always fun to catch them when they are a little more manageable  ;D