King Kandy for kings?

Started by gstours, February 27, 2019, 05:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Thanks for the questions.  The king candy 🍭 plug is designed to roll slowly.  When I saw your question Dommie I thought of adding some more information ℹ️.  It seems like our winter fish are spooky.  It just seems like we fish differently up here,  the water we fish is fairly shallow compared to offshore trolling and maybe flashy scares them?   We generally fish with 6-8 ft leaders.   And yes it's more difficult to boat 🚣 a fish, check your gear,  but it's generally the rule.

gstours

Recently the Blue Pearl whole herring has produced a Smiley 😊.
   Here's the plug, complete w teeth marks.   Good for cloudy water 💦. Like when we get wind and a bunch of rain ☔️.

gstours

We fish the. Shore line  mostly, not open and deep r water.    Usually the locals if you could believe them  can be a short cut to your success.    It's not  easy ,    Time will tell..   

gstours

Here is a little short clip of getting away from the house for a wintery spring morning.  The weather broke for a couple of days, and the boat was already in the water.   Here is the net result.  pun intended. ;)

Gobi King

Water is like glass, wow.
So you troll 2 lines, did you ever end up with a tangle?

I found the king kandy online and bought a few for my spring trolling.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Dominick

That short video made feel calm and serene.  That was nice.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

Looks like a nice couple of dinners.
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

gstours

Thanks ,  usually o rod on each side of the boat 🚣‍♀️ is ok,  we fish the rods about 90 degrees out from the boat gunnel this keeps the line s separate d as much as possible.  Of coarse sharp turns mean cussing.🤦‍♀️ 
   Occasionally a center rod can be used.   Three people onboard usually means it is a party 🎉🎣🤪🌚🍺🏀🏈.  I enjoy the serene atmosphere and a cool 😎 morning.   Then the work starts,.🔚

gstours

I was recently gifted a new color in the whole herring size.  It may work good in the cloudy water? 

gstours

So tomorrow is the test day or the new color, it's marketed as chartreuse.

Gobi King

Hey Gary,
Look what UPS dropped off yesterday  ;D

The line that came with it prerigged, is probably 15 lb mono, I will have ot re-tie everything,

What # mono do  you suggest?

Do they make em in different sizes? cuz mine looks smaller than the ones you have in the pics.

Fichigan

gstours

Thanks for sharing your questions.  The ones in your pictures are the smallest type this company currently makes, it's called the candlefish.  Then they make a cut plug, and a mini whole herring. The plug I'm using is the largest plug, it's called the whole herring.   I hope the ones you have work for you.  I think you will have to troll faster to make them roll.  I'm not really familiar with them for our kings here butt it's about the size of the feed coming out of a fish when cleaned.
   Testing them is always fun,  try the action of the lure before making any changes is my advice.🚣‍♀️🎣

Gobi King

oh, I missed that one huh,
Whole herring it is,

good idea, I need to find some open water near me or go to the river and check the action.

Fichigan

gstours

Yes, you needs to look at what you're lures doing in the water.  Then you will know at what speed you need to troll,  and. Get some time your lure.best of luck.  Usually you can make some simple changes and make a bingo .   🎣

gstours

Recently the point Wilson people introduced a mini whole herring, it's just sized down from 6 to 4 inch.
  It's yet to be on my boat 🚣‍♀️,  we only have a couple of days left in our managed season.   Butt this little guy has potential for sure.   Just saying.   Coho season is coming.🤞