New member to learn and explore more reels.

Started by jonrx7, February 28, 2019, 01:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Captain64-200

Fred from Biarritz ,

happyhooker

gstours

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Gfish

Whassss up, John! Where can a guy get onea those clamps to try out?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

jonrx7

Thank you so much to everyone comments.

If you like a free sample clamp. Please send me a PM and I will send you one. The only condition is you have to use it and send me your input.

At is time I have 3 flavors, these are for corktape Twine rods only, not for reel seat.

Newell - I will include SS screws and washers
Avet SX. MX - use the screws what comes with the Avet clamp.
Penn fathom/500/jigmaster. - use your own Penn 10-24 hardware and acorn nut.

Im in the process of finalizing the reel seat version.

John
I love to fish. Enjoy life as it comes to you. Follow your PASSION.

Dominick

Quote from: jonrx7 on March 25, 2019, 05:10:49 PM

If you like a free sample clamp. Please send me a PM and I will send you one. The only condition is you have to use it and send me your input.

At is time I have 3 flavors, these are for corktape Twine rods onle, not for reel seat.

Newell
Avet SX. MX
and Penn fathom/500/jigmaster.

John

John, I am putting together a Cortez Conversion Jigmaster.  I expect one of those will fit.  I would like one but I want to buy it.  You can't just give away your hard work and ideas.  PM sent.  Dominick 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3

Gfish

Thanks John. I'll wait for the reel seat version as I don't wanna gain more rods now. Definitely give you some feed-back. Pay( prefered) or trade. Hmmmm, "cork tape twine rods", sounds intriguing.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

jonrx7

Quote from: Dominick on March 25, 2019, 07:07:01 PM
Quote from: jonrx7 on March 25, 2019, 05:10:49 PM

At is time I have 3 flavors, these are for corktape Twine rods onle, not for reel seat.

Avet SX. MX
and Penn fathom/500/jigmaster.

John

John, I am putting together a Cortez Conversion Jigmaster.  I expect one of those will fit.  I would like one but I want to buy it.  You can't just give away your hard work and ideas.  PM sent. 

Dominick ,

The clamps work with the standard penn clamp hardware. 10-24 bolt and acorn nut. I don't have a Cortez conversion so I do not know.

John

Dominick

Thanks for your response.  I'll wait for the reel seat version.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jonrx7

Quote from: Dominick on March 25, 2019, 11:31:05 PM
Thanks for your response.  I'll wait for the reel seat version.  Dominick

You got it.

John