How many is enough? I think I need to stop...

Started by orsteelheader, March 02, 2019, 10:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: orsteelheader on March 02, 2019, 10:33:35 PM
I now have 3 6501 C3s, 3 5501 C3s 3 4601 C3s and 1 3500C. I might fish 2-3 days each month, mostly beach casting for perch and off the jetties for rock cod and lings.
Do I have a problem? 
Jay

this is insulting !!
you came to At.com and ask everyone if you have a problem owning 10 reels?

amigo, please go to your local flea markets, surf hours on fleabay, check new catalogs from okuma, shimano, penn, then read the whole thread of at.com collections, pictures of reels, etc and when you have at least 3x your current reels and double of that of rods, then you might come again and post the same question.

only one last thing, if you now how many reels and rods you have, then problably you dont have enough
The Baja Guy

philaroman

everybody here has the same problem/disease and favors the same treatment:

IMMERSION THERAPY  ;D

conchydong

I need to take a inventory on what I have.  I am pretty sure I have close to 50 rod and reel combinations. Everything from 6lb spinners to 130lb  rigs. I do not have any fly rods though. That is one thing that I have never got into. Maybe as I age, I will give it a try but I  fish to harvest more than catch and release.

Benni3

orsteelheader you are going to love it here,,,,this is just the beginning for you and there are very great people here to help you ,,,,,,have the best gear to catch anything,,,,, ;D

Rivverrat

If you fish all the reels you have & dont have at least 20 or more that sit on a shelf or in a droor that you dont fish but just pull out to look at...

Well you might be like someone who has a glass of wine in the evening & is concerned they might have an issue... Jeff

mley1

Good luck fishing,

Marty

beancounter

Quote from: Benni3 on March 05, 2019, 01:49:55 AM
orsteelheader you are going to love it here,,,,this is just the beginning for you and there are very great people here to help you ,,,,,,have the best gear to catch anything,,,,, ;D
Benni it is clear to me that you need a much bigger rod and reel if you hope to catch a bigger fish than the one in your photo.

thorhammer

well, out of the gate you are short two Abu's to balance out three of everything. personally, i don't like odd numbers, I feel like one guy is an orphan. so that's one more of each to balance all reels at 4X. do they make 7001? you gotta go there...

basenjib123

Your post made me do a quick inventory.  I have about 60 Reels and 50 Rods...."Hi, my name is Joe and I'm a tackleholic"

Fishy247

I try not to think about how many I've got. It would be WAY too easy to talk myself out of getting any more!  ;)

Miles Offshore

I too, suffer from this affliction. In addition to rods and reels for some reason mirrorlures too. I curse ebay every night while watching tv.
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

thorhammer

oh yeah...lets not even talk about plugs....and I use bait 90 percent of the time lol. Well, I figured I had enough, and I'm not postoing the number of the last inventory. So, I made a deal with a buddy I fish with, ten reels for a ridiculous price, which let me upgrade some reels in totes onto rods for actual fishing, and when I get on his boat he has better gear than before. Then.... last weekend I come on a pile of rods in a B&T corner while buying minnows.  i call the owner whom I know, and short story I got 22 rods and three reels for $50....yes, 22, not a typo. I had to replace a half dozen small guides / tips; a couple hours work at most. Some good stuff in there I will chronicle later....

Gfish

Cool! 22 used rods. Perhaps a good way to think of it is tackle recycling. You could toss the old, beat-up stuff or fix it up(renew or modify). Nowadays there's alota throw-away reels and rods available, which I try'n avoid.
M.O.'s got it down to Mirrolures. That's an idea, keep it to one brand. Mirrolure's were to me, some of the best minnow imitations from back in the day.
I spend some relaxing time doing lure maintenance & upgrading. I'm not good enough to make my own from scratch, or I'd be try'n to make the kinda spoons I like to use. Full repaints is another one. Now I'm just doing touch-ups.
Maybe I'll do a lure maintenance tutorial of sorts...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

exp2000

33 give or take. ABUs to Stellas and everything  in between.

Reckon that's enough considering I never get to use them!

But not as bad as some though: Know one guy in Perth who owns twenty Stellas alone!

Wonder how many lures I got though?  Now that could be a real problem.
Reckon I could fill up one of those six foot tall office cabinets no worries!
~