Penn Books

Started by Darin Crofton, March 04, 2019, 03:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darin Crofton

So look what came in the mail yesterday, about to dig in on this quiet Sunday night...
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

milne

Hey Darin,
              I've got the blue and the other yellow one.
The blue one, is SO full of information, it gets bought out near every night when perusing the big sale sight !
There's so much info in there, I certainly don't retain all of the info, so I constantly find myself cross referencing dates, reel characteristics etc.
You will luv it Darin and wonder how you did without it......  Enjoy

Col

Darin Crofton

Quote from: milne on March 04, 2019, 04:59:26 AM
Hey Darin,
              I've got the blue and the other yellow one.
The blue one, is SO full of information, it gets bought out near every night when perusing the big sale sight !
There's so much info in there, I certainly don't retain all of the info, so I constantly find myself cross referencing dates, reel characteristics etc.
You will luv it Darin and wonder how you did without it......  Enjoy

Col
Man you were right, from what I did read it is so detailed and thorough. Great purchase!!!

bluefish69

I take my 2 books into the Man's Library great place to read.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

mo65

The covers are getting worn on my books...and there are pages with greasy finger prints. I've referred to Mike's books in the middle of many reel assemblies. His use of photos solve many questions. Sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words. Get the yellow covered book too Darin. It has every year's catalog reproduced...great for dating and identifying Penn reels.8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Darin Crofton

Quote from: bluefish69 on March 04, 2019, 04:40:17 PM
I take my 2 books into the Man's Library great place to read.

Mike
haha, good idea ;D ;D ;D

Darin Crofton

Quote from: mo65 on March 04, 2019, 07:42:28 PM
The covers are getting worn on my books...and there are pages with greasy finger prints. I've referred to Mike's books in the middle of many reel assemblies. His use of photos solve many questions. Sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words. Get the yellow covered book too Darin. It has every year's catalog reproduced...great for dating and identifying Penn reels.8)
Yes, Mike, I'll start looking for it now... thank you!!!

swill88

Where do you buy these Darin?

Steve

Darin Crofton

Bill B

You can get lost for hours in the books.....I packed mine up when we moved 6 months ago and haven't come across them yet...guess there are a few more boxes to go through  :-[. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Tunanorth

The author of those books is a member of the Facebook group "Vintage Penn Reels", and often chimes in there, regarding questions about older PENN reels.
Ordering direct from the author insures that he receives payment for his hard work.