Fin Nor Offshore 9500OS - standard servicing

Started by redsetta, September 25, 2011, 10:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barkley1956

Good Day All,

I have a milk crate full of 5500 OS from a head boat.I am unfamiliar with the drag type on these as it loos like a cross between a carbon fiber and canvas. My question is: can I leave these "wet" with grease or do they need to be greased and then wiped dry?

redsetta

G'day Barkley,
Excess grease will generally be squeezed away from the contact surfaces once under pressure, but I still always wipe it away with a cloth before reassembly.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

barkley1956

Quote from: redsetta on April 17, 2016, 08:21:14 PM
G'day Barkley,
Excess grease will generally be squeezed away from the contact surfaces once under pressure, but I still always wipe it away with a cloth before reassembly.
Cheers, Justin

Thank you Justin!

Pierce

Anyone know the size of the big drag washer(under the spool) and small drag washer (inside the spool lip) for 10500A offshore?  Thank you.

Sorry, just read the Pg.2 sizes are 1pc 58x10x1 & 3pcs 23x9x1 but this is for 9500, but is 10500 the same size as well?

The Carbontex maximum ready cut size in only till 55x20x1.16, so I have to order a custom cut for me?

Porthos

exp2000

Quote from: redsetta on September 26, 2011, 12:02:47 AM
Thanks Sal.
No a/r bearing in this one, just the fairly agricultural-looking a/r pawl that binds against the inside of the rotor.
Despite being simple and effective, I'm not mad about the design either.
A (double) dog-and-ratchet man myself...
Cheers, Justin

Primitive as it may be, they chose this design feature to keep the reel at a cost point.

A Roller clutch bearing capable of handling a drag this powerful would be very expensive.

Because these reels are relatively cheap quite a few charter operators use them disposable items.
~

Donnyboat

The video, off cutting CF washers, I believe is the best & cheapest way, if you don`t have to cut them often, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Pierce

Good education video, thanks Porthos.

I just use a pair of scissor to cut the outer diameter and a punch set for inner diameter.  My inner diameter is 8.5mm so I just use a 9mm punch set.  A .5mm different wont have any effect on the drag???