Broken foot fix on 330

Started by basto, March 06, 2019, 09:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: Midway Tommy on March 07, 2019, 03:13:18 AM
Quote from: Dominick on March 07, 2019, 12:23:13 AM
Greg, did you use the "additional options" button below the post?  I can see the photos.  Dominick

I don't think so, Dominick. The photos have text between them and you can't do that using the additional options. A/O is limited to 4 photos and they're after all text. They're not in the Gallery, either, so they must be on an outside host.  

You are probably right Tommy.  There is no indication of how the photos were posted.  I looked in the galleries and did not see them.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

happyhooker

Worthy effort  basto. A new lease on life granted to a worthy reel.

Frank

basto

Dominic
I use Photobucket
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Dominick

Thanks Basto.  For those of you that can't view the photos are you seeing a Photobucket emblem?  If so and you are using windows 10 there is a download workaround it's called "photobucket imbedded image fix."  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

I can see them now.  Good fix Greg.
-steve

basto

Thanks Steve. I think its plenty strong enough. The rod clamp holds it all together anyhow.
Greg

basto

My favourite job on reels is replacing bearings.

The bail spring just needed a good clean. Now to spool up with some 12lb mono and fish.
All up cost was $26.60 AUD

Thanks for the comments
Greg

twotone

Now that's a inventive ideal. You just rang my bell for something total different.

Thx
twotone

festus

Great job on fixing the reel foot, Greg.  BTW, where did you get your replacement bearing?

basto

Quote from: festus on March 09, 2019, 07:53:59 AM
Great job on fixing the reel foot, Greg.  BTW, where did you get your replacement bearing?

At a bearing shop here in Australia. Just gave them the size over the phone after measuring the old one.  $6.60 AUD

festus

I got a 331 through U.S.P.S. this morning.  Been raining all day so I took it apart for a good cleaning.  Tomorrow I'll put it back together.  The stock bearing cleaned up pretty well with some lacquer thinner and a toothbrush.

basto

I cleaned my original one 3 times, but it still sounded like a knife going across toast. Just too much rust on the insides of the races.

Yours looks good.

Donnyboat

Dominic when you reboot it, do you use your left or right boot, Greg I like to use Techni glue epoxy, it does`nt run as much & is very strong. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

gumpie44

Needed Some 330 Pinion  Bearings A While Ago ... Did A Google  Search Using Size.  Found A Seller In China, Bought A Sleeve Of 10 Very Cheap ! On Ebay, Popular Size .. Was Used For Skateboard Wheels.
Barry
Barry
Carpe  Diem   The Days Go Fast

basto

they would have to be tough for skateboards