Incredible Fenwick PS120 12’ surf rod circa 1974-75

Started by 1badf350, March 06, 2019, 10:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

I completely forgot we had a rod section. Heres a beautiful Fenwick that arrived today. Enjoy!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

1badf350

-Chris

Ron Jones

Oh God I want it!
Grew up fishing rods of all sizes that look just like that.
Love them.
What reel goes on it? I recommend a Mitchel 498.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

54bullseye

Really nice rod Chris !! Congrats !    John Taylor

foakes

Quote from: Ron Jones on March 06, 2019, 11:04:36 PM
What reel goes on it? I recommend a Mitchel 498.

Penn 706 Greenie or DAM Quick 5001 — if it was going to be fished, that is — which I doubt...

Nice rod, Chris!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

droppedit

Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

1badf350

Thanks guys!
Will definitely not be fishing this one!
-Chris

conchydong

That is a gem. Beautiful rod. I have been looking for something like that in a conventional for a while. They are hard to find as most folks realize what they have and don't want to part with them.

Scott

Swami805

Wow, looks like it spent it's life in that sock in a closet. Beautiful rod
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

I have one but it is scraped up in spots.  It has cork grips and a rubber cap on the bottom.  Is there a way to bring the brown color back where it is scraped?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

Have someone do a custom matching wrap & epoxy — along with your name, over the scraped area.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Quote from: foakes on March 07, 2019, 08:43:11 PM
Have someone do a custom matching wrap & epoxy — along with your name, over the scraped area.

Best,

Fred

Thanks Fred.  Any members willing to take this on as a project?  Not a freebie, I want to pay.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Fishy247

I could probably do it for you Dom, as long as you're not in a huge hurry to get it back.