Reel Speed Bearing Puller V2

Started by Cadman, March 08, 2019, 12:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman

So I know these are back in production. I have tried for 1-1/2 months to get a hold of Aaron at Reel Speed and I am tired of trying. I sent him 10 or twelve e-mails, went on his website and have e-mailed him there as well. Spoke to his father several time at Reel Speed South and told him to have Aaron call me. Father contacted him and I never got a call or an e-mail. All I want is to buy one of his new bearing puller sets. >:( >:( >:( Is this guy in business? Does anyone know him or can contact him to call me. I can't believe he doesn't call back and leave a message if he wants to sell these. Any help would be appreciated. Thank in advance

sabaman1

Beware, I tried purchasing one on his pre order back in september 2018 and was supposed to receive sometime by mid November and never received anything. Which lead to trying to contact him several times, including speaking to his father as well. Never received a word or email. Ended up filing a claim with PayPal to refund my money. Buyer beware!!!
JIM

bhale1

may be a good product, but I believe the Boss removed him from AT site ??? Probably for some of the same type of stuff...
Brett

Cadman

Hey Guys, Thanks for the reply. I know his father cleans reels and is a really nice guy. In speaking with his father, he told me " that is Aarons part of the business". Anyway I am going to give up on this idea. Does anyone have a second set they would like to sell? If not is there anything out there that you guys currently use that can take out small bearings that are snug in reel side plate pockets. Thanks Again.

Fishy247

If you can't find a bearing puller, you might try Alex's(Steelfish) brand. Grind the head of a drywall screw until it's shaped like an "L" and grip it with a pair of vise grips. Been meaning to do this myself, but haven't gotten around to it. The steel on those things is pretty hard, so you don't have to worry about it bending on ya!

Mike

foakes

We should be able to find someone else to make these for us...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

reel man

Aaron does not make these tools but uses a machine shop near him and has had problems in the past owing money to this shop and rightfully so can't get the pullers made.

I would think that one of our members could produce these.

oc1

No bearing puller thread would be complete without someone mentioning the toilet paper trick.
-steve

Dominick

Quote from: oc1 on March 08, 2019, 07:48:37 PM
No bearing puller thread would be complete without someone mentioning the toilet paper trick.
-steve
Thanks for mentioning it.  But no more potty talk.  After all we are adults.  ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Fishy247

QuoteNo bearing puller thread would be complete without someone mentioning the toilet paper trick.
-steve

That's because it works! ;D
Works pretty good when you have a frozen gear sleeve too...

Quote[/Thanks for mentioning it.  But no more potty talk.  After all we are adults.  Grin  Dominickquote]

So the "Twelve year old rule" doesn't mean that we're supposed to act like one?  :D

exp2000

Quote from: foakes on March 08, 2019, 06:39:45 PM
We should be able to find someone else to make these for us...

Best,
Fred

I really think that this should be a priority.

I'm just glad that I got one while the getting was good. But it did take some perseverance.

I gotta say that I did balk at the price but after using it for a few years, I could not imagine being without one.  It just makes life too easy and it was totally worth the cost.

It's funny how we take things fore-granted thinking that they will be available forever. But such is not the case.

"The Greaser", another valuable tool went off the market  a few years ago.
Would love to see this resurrected too!
~