Fred Hall Show in Long Beach, CA

Started by ksong, March 08, 2019, 04:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

The Fred Hall Show in Long Beach, CA is the biggest retail outdoor show in the US.

I took a video of the show for those who don't visit there.

It took almost 20 minutes by walking fast before opening.  The video is divided with 4 parts.

Here is the first part.

Gfish

Hmmm... They got alota stuff. Wish I could go. I 'd probably spend most of the time with the small boats and paddle boards
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

conchydong

I've always wanted to time a CA trip to coincide with the Fred Hall show. Haven't been able to pull it off yet. One of these days.
Who is/was Fred Hall BTW? Some of us East coasters are ignorant on a lot of West coast stuff.

swill88

MarkT

Quote from: conchydong on March 08, 2019, 11:52:24 PM
I've always wanted to time a CA trip to coincide with the Fred Hall show. Haven't been able to pull it off yet. One of these days.
Who is/was Fred Hall BTW? Some of us East coasters are ignorant on a lot of West coast stuff.
The show has been going on for 73 years so I suppose he was a promoter but I don't know. I've only been going to it for 20+ years.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Brewcrafter

My understanding is that he originally started the show in the late 40's.  Now it is run by his son.

SoCalAngler

Quote from: conchydong on March 08, 2019, 11:52:24 PM

Here is some info. This is from 2014 but it has a lot of details about the show.

https://www.wonews.com/t-FeatureArticle_FHLBShow_021414.aspx

RamseyReelRepair

Nice! Wish I was there! I'm excited though that we got accepted to attend iCast in Orlando in July!! I'm gonna try to get some pics from that but they got some strict rules. Anyways thanks for the vids it's nice to live vicariously through others. Lol.

West
Check out the website and gallery!
😎http://www.ramseyreelrepair.com😎