Trolling for the Elusive King Salmon

Started by gstours, March 10, 2019, 05:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  I hope we covered some new things.  In my area it seems like maybe a larger than average white kings are harvested than what is assumed to be the average.🤔
    Years ago I hunted some upland birds for food,  when the I asked another hunter why did they shoot a hen,  the answer that I remember most was that they could not taste the difference.
   I,m into eating my catch,  and not wasting meat.   Butt until you fillet a salmon you don't know what color is it inside.   I'm glad to see what it is,  just like Christmas 🎄.

Dominick

Gary I love that last picture but the camera man said smile, not smug.   ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

Nice catch Gary

There is a way to determine color of flesh while the fish is alive......

.....just lift the Gill plate and look thru the collar and you'll know right away if it's white, pale or red

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

gstours

Thanks mr. max,  I did not know.   It's always a surprise to look at the meat,  sometimes the fish might be a pale pink meated but still immature as for spawning maturation.   I can't wait to check the next one ☝️.