A Salmon Lunch or Dinner?

Started by gstours, March 11, 2019, 05:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

The Elusive White King,   perfect for the spring table.  I just saw this recipe from Mr. Wayne Deutcher,  and thought it looks tasty.

https://www.alaskagoldbrand.com/2016/06/28/poached-ivory-king-salmon-recipe/

Hardy Boy

White spring my wife's favorite. She will take it over all other salmon!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

gstours

Toddy boy,  when is your salmon winter/ spring season?  I meant current regulations ?
    Wish you good,  and the weather.🚣

El Pescador

Quote from: gstours on March 11, 2019, 05:13:43 PM
       ..... I just saw this recipe from Mr. Wayne Deutscher...

GarMar!

please!

Mr. Deutscher???  That's is my Dad's name,

Just call me Wayne!

Summertime Buddy  Boy!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Hardy Boy

Gary: We are usually open all year with two a day limit and a 15 per year max retention or 30 per year depending on the area. Some areas dropped to one per day last summer (some zero for a month in the summer), but we did not drop last year. We may drop to one per day starting April 1 st but back to two per day in Sept. and stay at 2 all winter. Some other areas may see more restrictions this summer but up here on the North Island it looks like we will go to one per day and just 30 miles North it will most likley stay two per day. We don't have th ebest winter fishing here but just a short drive we have some winter action in Quatsino inlet.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Maxed Out

Just south of the BC border, we are very restricted, but do have limited opportunity to catch white kings, and marbled Frazier kings, but they hafta get past Hardy boy first :D. Both are loaded with oil in comparison to red meat kings. I like to mix the 2 together when smoking and let that oil drip on the red meat. This batch has red, white, and marbled king

Once it's done smoking, I enjoy it with a cold beverage

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Hardy Boy

That looks great ! I can't smoke my white springs ................. my wife won't let me ........... they have to go on the grill. I have a buddy that will trade his white springs for a red even, if its half the size ; he does not know what he is missing.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

whalebreath

White Spring does smoke up nice

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Oh.  My.  You are killing me.  Every house is different.  We usually smoke the red king, and eat the white ones bbq.   Very simple.  Mostly salt pepper, and alder.   To about 140f.  Internally.   😋.  Yum.
    Usually a flatbread with some Alaska rosemary and garlic is the dipping sauce,  with a hungry heart ♥️ has