114 1+7 drag help

Started by Apparition, March 13, 2019, 01:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apparition

Bryan:  Will your kit include a washer for under the main gear?  if not which one do I get?

Apparition

Thank you all so much for your help!!!!

Bryan Young

The kit includes the under-gear drag washer.  I didn't want someone to have to buy separate parts to complete the installation as I would use in my reels.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Apparition

Sounds good.  Let me know when they are available.

Keta

You have a keyed washer, the felt washer and the "collar out of place.  They should be under the spacer.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gfish

Quote from: Apparition on March 18, 2019, 01:25:55 AM
Ok.  I think I have figured out how to post a photo.  From left to right:  Main Gear...Drag Washer....keyed washer...drag washer....eared washer....drag washer....Collar (holds felt washer)....felt washer....thick keyed washer....thick bellville....spacer....belville...star.

I think the thick keyed washer is out of place.  Also the collar with felt washer should be reversed.  Is this correct?

The collar/felt washer should on top a the thick keyed washer, and then the spacer next, thick bellville, then either star or thin bellville. I've used the thin bellville between the star and handle at times, mainly to separate an adjustable part(star) from the handle.

Edit: what Lee said, I's typin when he posted.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Apparition

Gfish....I like the contraction I's !!!i

I will not use the fat keyed washer with the new stack.  Correct? 

Which side of the collar does the fiber go on?  I would assume it would match with something flat like the last keyed washer.

Keta

Quote from: Apparition on March 19, 2019, 01:13:50 PM

Which side of the collar does the fiber go on?  I would assume it would match with something flat like the last keyed washer.

The fat keyed washer should go on top of the last CF washer.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gfish

Quote from: Apparition on March 19, 2019, 01:13:50 PM

I believe you're correct, 'cept I only have one oldie that came with no fiber(felt?) washer...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Apparition

Thanks keta and Gfish!!!

Now just waiting for parts.  I will also order the as dog and gear sleeve.