Abu Pro Max 3600 help *solved*

Started by tincanary, March 01, 2019, 02:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tincanary

I picked up a PM 3600 (foot# 0200) from an estate sale this past weekend for a whole $5.  It's in pretty good shape cosmetically, but man was it grungy.  Upon disassembly, I noticed the return spring, part # 21661, was nowhere in sight.  Checking around online, I see this part is no longer made.  I even tried looking for a picture of one so I could find a suitable substitute to no avail.  Does anybody know of a spring I can sub 21661 with?  

tincanary

Never mind.  I just looked at it again and the brake plate assembly matches the 0201 schematic, but the reel foot says 0200.  Foot # 0201 doesn't use a return spring and has a slightly different clutch arm and link arm.  I wonder if this was a warranty repair in the past, or if somebody 'updated' it, or if this was a later run of the 0200.  It has the drag stack of the 0200.  Kind of strange.  

Robert Janssen

Those are nice. I want one. Congrats on your score.

tincanary

Quote from: Robert Janssen on March 01, 2019, 03:29:55 PM
Those are nice. I want one. Congrats on your score.

Thanks.  I also picked up 3 Black Max 1600s, but not at that sale.  A guy on another forum listed them months ago, never had any bites, so I threw him an offer and he accepted.  Those are great for casting lighter baits, especially with the blue or fiber brake blocks.

tincanary

Got it all done.  This thing is nice and smooth.  Question, after I press the thumb bar it can be a little slow to re-engage from time to time.  How would I go about fixing that?  Should I bend the legs on the position holder?  Maybe swap the driveshaft shim for a spider washer?