Three D-A-M Quick Microlites spooled and ready

Started by festus, March 13, 2019, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

Our youngest granddaughter is coming this weekend and we may take her to a local pond or a park.  Need to find out when the kid's trout rodeo is at Frozen Head, it's coming soon.  She's staying next week with us since it's spring break, so we may go to the big river farther west in the county.  If we do, I'll make sure to take some heavier tackle, there are some big cats and muskie in that river system. 

So I spooled up some fresh line on my ultralights and picked up a couple new rods yesterday.

Top--110N, 6 lb. test Mr. Crappie mono on a 5-1/2' Berkley Cherrywood light action
Middle--110, 4 lb test Mr. Crappie mono on a 5' Ugly Stik Lite ultralight action
Bottom--Microlite 265 (by Fred), 4 lb Mr Crappie mono on a 4-1/2' Shakespeare Micro Series ultralight action

If we go to the big river next week, will probably take some rigs with D-A-M Quick 221, 331, and maybe a big pole with a 441N.

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

festus

She came by Monday with her mother and we couldn't get her to stay out of the woods.

And she's insisting we're using good tackle, not one of them junk throwaway Tazmanian Devil poles her dog destroyed..

JeffG

Awesome! Good luck! Went for the first time myself this past Sunday and got completely skunked. Of course it was just after a strong cold front and was windy as heck, so we'll chalk it up to poor weather conditions. 😁

Thanks
Jeff

Decker

By the way she wears her hat, that little girl likes to keep her eyes on the water!    She's not messing around!

festus

Quote from: Decker on March 13, 2019, 06:34:00 PM
By the way she wears her hat, that little girl likes to keep her eyes on the water!    She's not messing around!
...and she knows quality tackle, she insisted on using my 110N to catch her first fish.  ;D

Gfish

Cute!
So they're naming line with common fish names, now-a-days.
The Quicks: are alla ultra-lights "microlite's", i.e., 110, 110N & 265? Lookin on the 'bay the other day, I see 'em call a 110N a Microlite and thought they had it wrong?...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

festus

Quote from: Gfish on March 13, 2019, 06:51:29 PM
Cute!
So they're naming line with common fish names, now-a-days.
The Quicks: are alla ultra-lights "microlite's", i.e., 110, 110N & 265? Lookin on the 'bay the other day, I see 'em call a 110N a Microlite and thought they had it wrong?...
I don't really consider a 110N a Microlite, maybe back in the 1960s they were considered Microlites.  I guess you could call them heavy ultralight or maybe light.  But the 110N is my favorite out of the three models. 

mo65

Go get 'em Chester! I just got back from a few days crappie fishing...they're starting to bite good here...next few weeks should be hot. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Ron Jones

My grannnddaughter isjust a ouple years away,   can't wait. Looks like a good time.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

foakes

Those setups look perfect, Chester —

When you get the kids successfully catching fish at that age — they are hooked for life — and will in turn teach their kids.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

festus

Quote from: foakes on March 14, 2019, 02:55:26 PM
Those setups look perfect, Chester —

When you get the kids successfully catching fish at that age — they are hooked for life — and will in turn teach their kids.

Best,

Fred
She'll be six years old on March 25.  That's easy to remember because she was born one day after my sixtieth birthday.  I found out the children's trout rodeo at the park was to be held this coming Saturday from 8 am until noon, BUT it's been cancelled.  There has been some major flooding here for a month and more predicted later this evening with some strong storms.  Next week is a pretty bad cold front. I know one creek that's full of redhorse suckers about as long as your forearm or longer, maybe they'll be running.  If not, there are plenty of fallfish chubs, bullheads, and shiners. They don't seem to mind the muddy water and kids aren't particular as long as it's fish.