laine's baits in alviso, california

Started by alantani, March 14, 2019, 11:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

ah, come on!  you've all heard of alviso before, right?  i'll bet very few of you could point straight to it on a map.  i know i couldn't, but a good friend of mine called and invited me to lunch.  he likes this place called maria elena's in alviso.  it's actually just a 20 minute drive from my house.  we've been to maria elena's several times before and the food is always good!

well, another buddy had mentioned that there was a bait shop in alviso.  sure enough, the restaurant was crowded when we arrived and parking was hard.  i ended up driving around the block and saw a bait shop.

it's at the corner of hope and elizabeth, near and old abandoned cannery.

right across from the old china camp.

yup, laine's baits!  it's at 907 elizabeth street, alviso, ca 95002.  

i called the number and a guy answered right away, said he was working a block away and would be there in 5 minutes.

sonofagun, it's an old railroad car!

nice sturgeon!

looks they have crab feeds once in a while!

make a note.  closed monday and tuesday!

so norm shows up right away and let's me in!

bait in the frig!

nice assortment of the tackle that you would actually use for the area, mainly for stripers and sturgeon.

an amazing assortment of frozen bait.

snacks!

swag!

old photos!

and of course, live bait!

running a little low on mud suckers.

need a guide?  here you go!

other local services.  he even has my card here!

and that's out tour!  

go to google maps and look up 907 elizabeth street, alviso, ca 95002 and you can see the entire area.  or better yet, take a day off, go have lunch at maria elena's or vahl's for a really old fashioned italian dinner.   i wouldn't really plan on both, because there really isn't enough in alviso to keep you busy for the 6 hours that you'd need to work up an appetite between lunch and dinner, unless you like taking long walks!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

I've driven past Alviso a few times and never knew it was there....it's all the "Bay Area" to this bumpkin.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gman_WC

Abandoned Cannery! Are those wheels turning Alan?
New club house and reel speak easy group buy.
Members bar, cigar lounge, boat parking, fish cleaning table,
Dom in the kitchen singing a little Louie Prima.  ;D

-g
Walnut Creek, CA

Bryan Young

The recently cleaned up the boat ramp and dredge from the ramp to the bay.  It's close quarters and should come in during high tide, and must use caution as the path is only about 3 boats wide in several area.  Near there, there are guys catching grass shrimp that the sell to bait and tackle shops, and to surgeon charters.  I never knew there was a bait shop, but it must have been 5 years since I've been there.  The last time I was there was for the grand re-opening of the boat ramp.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rivverrat

Always neat to see baitshops from different areas... Jeff

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

khanh must have taken them.  he's friends with the owner. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

oc1

The google earth view of that area is beautiful with the different colors in the salt ponds.
-steve

Darin Crofton

looks like a cool little town, bait shops are the best!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Gfish

Cool! Historic part of the South Bay. My kind of place and tackle/bait shop. Reminds me a somea the places up on the delta.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Fishy247

Sweet! That's only about 10 minutes up the road from my office. Thanks for the heads up Alan!

swill88