Penn Fenwick rod

Started by Donnyboat, March 16, 2019, 10:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

Donny it looks good. The white blank makes me think it could be a 1979 model but to be so it should have a serial number below the Fenwick logo starting with S or T. My Fenwick history book states that no rods were serial numbered after 1981. The 640 model also throws me off. Maybe something different about the Fenwick AU rods.
Anyway good score bro.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

mhc

You've got a good eye for bargain priced tackle Don - I thought it might have been luck with the first few purchases you have shared, but after a dozen or so good deals I'm thinking luck might not be playing a big part at at all - thanks for showing us there are still some bargains out there.
Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Donnyboat

Yes Chris, Wayne & Mike, thanks for all your follow up, very good off you all, Chris I cant see any serial numbers, but I will try to take some clearer photos of the sticker, also there is another sticker that has Fenglass on it, Mike you have to have the time to find the bargains, I use Gumtree & Gumtree Australia, & I check 5 or 6 times a day, looking for what is there, yesterday I brought, all the following on the one deal, 1 Alvey reel, also an egg beater & an overhead reel plus a plactic box of lures, 5 rods, & several hooks swivels swivels, the bloke was asking AU $15.00, for the lot, as I was not sure when I would be able to pick them up, I told him I would pay $20.00, anyway my brother inlaw is living about 5 clicks away, so he picked them up for me, My wife has to go there this coming week, Pat will pick them up then, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

El Pescador

This email from Don, asking me to post this bit of information from Fenwick.

Hi Wayne, this is a reply, I received back from Fenwick rods, if you would be kind enough to place is on my post, the web site may help some the  members, thanks Don.

From: Fenwick Customer Service <FenwickCustomerService@newellco.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 26 March 2019 2:01 AM
To: pat.don1230@bigpond.com
Subject: RE: Other

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to contact us. We are always eager to hear from interested fishermen concerning the quality and performance of our products and value your comments and suggestions.
  I am sorry but we do not keep up with the information or pricing of older equipment. There are some antique forums that may be able to help you and also EBay would give you a good idea of market value and they sometimes give history.
This web site has the greatest collection of information I have found so far on older equipment.

http://antiquerodandreels.com/mfg_f/fenwick.html

Thank you for fishing with Fenwick.

Customer Service
Fenwick
A subsidiary of NEWELL Corp.
7 Science Court
Columbia, SC 29203
(877) 336-7637

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Donnyboat

Thanks Wayne, very kind of you, it could help some of the members, Chris, I think I have found, maybe a serial number, between the Fenwick & the first runner, but it is hard to read, I will try to send you a photo of it, & if you can work it out, maybe you could then elaborate off it cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat