Plueger 8030MG Supreme Spinning - Need Side screws & Schematic

Started by drichitt, October 01, 2011, 04:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drichitt

A buddy of mine called this am with a Plueger 8030MG complaining about a grinding sound when he reels. Oh and by the way he says one of the 3 side plate screws is missing ::). I have looked all over at Mike's and the Plueger website but can't get my hands on a schematic for this reel. Anyone have a suggestion? Be nice now ;D  Thanks.... Don

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

drichitt

Thanks for your reply Alan. I already made sure it wasn't the 8230, which seems to be the current model. What are the chances they used the same side plate screws? I just left a message at Mike's as they are one of the repair facilities listed on the Plueger site. With the great talent on this board, I was hoping someone might have the schematic.

alantani

can you put a call into pfleuger?  that might be the only way.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

drichitt

Quote from: alantani on October 02, 2011, 06:27:25 PM
can you put a call into pfleuger?  that might be the only way.

That's a good idea. If I don't hear back from Mike's or they don't have it, I will call Plueger.

Alto Mare

Do you have the reel in hand? If you do just pull out one of the other screws and try to match it, I'm sure it isn't anything special on that $80 reel. You could probably replace all 3, since one of them backed itself out already :-\. Just my opinion.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

drichitt

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 02, 2011, 07:58:52 PM
Do you have the reel in hand? If you do just pull out one of the other screws and try to match it, I'm sure it isn't anything special on that $80 reel. You could probably replace all 3, since one of them backed itself out already :-\. Just my opinion.

I do  not have the reel yet; won't be able to get it for another week. From looking at a schematic for the newer model 8230MG, it looks like there might be a washer needed as well.

Alto Mare

Well, if that's the case just do as Alan recommended, call Pfleuger and you'll probably receive both ( srew and reel ) at the same time.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.