What there hitting lately.

Started by gstours, March 18, 2019, 04:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

The weather is always changing up here,  but it's always good to smell the fresh salty tide flats and imagine a fish tugging on your line and testing some improvements you have made.
   Some times hard work and pays off,  or is it just getting lucky 🍀?
Anyway it's going to be good eating.   This is the scraping post filet,  salmon burgers tonight.
    Today it's again windy and rainy,  maybe tomorrow?🤷‍♂️🚣‍♀️

gstours

This fish slammed a whole herring point Wilson plug in the blue pearl persuasion.   The water was a little cloudy and maybe it made a difference?   It's always a guess ing game.

MarkT

I thought they just hit whatever you toss overboard since you seem to always be hooked up!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

gstours

I,m trying to make it look hard, butt every once in a while,  I smile and wish you all could come along.
   This half n half plug in yet to produce anything.  I,m going to wait until it gets good then put it in.

Steve-O

Nice winter Kings, Gary! The Hot color we did best with in Prince of Wales waters was black and purple.

Just had to have some King Sushi for lunch today

Dominick

Steve-O that is a big act.  It looks like you got that from your favorite Japanese take-out.  ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Steve-O

Dominick, you know I was born in Italy and come from English, Wales and Viking ancestry....but there must be some Japanese blood in me as well.

I roll my own - in this case, Teriyaki marinated Veta Bay, Prince of Wales,  King Salmon with carrot strips, avocado, coconut flakes, roasted sesame seeds and smoked cream cheese.

Of course the sushi rice and sushi nori.

I also made my own ponzu sauce and spicy mayo - sometimes referred to in sushi shops as 'funky sauce'...basically Sriracha and heavy Mayo.

I'm also an Alaskan at heart and really appreciate Mr. GSTours keeping us refreshed with fishing adventures.

Can't wait until September to smell that salty Alaskan air again.!!!

Dominick

I gotcha Steve-o.  Wayne and I are going up in August for the king run.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Thanks steevo and Dommie.  I fished 2 more days, ZIP.  Maybe it's just luck,  your know?
     Weather is improving, but with the snow melting and some rain,  it sucks, now the water is cloudy.
But soon it's going to be closed.   So like a panhandler I is happy to get what I gets.☔️🍀💦🤦‍♀️🚣

Dominick

Gary if the water is cloudy, get out the flashers.  You need to attract those fish.  BTW did you have the cooler with you?  I figure if you are using lures and not bait that you left your mojo behind.  Dominick

gstours

Ok, I must ask....smoked cream cheese?   Please tell us more.  I've smoked cheddar, and some white cheese ,s   Just wonder in,  thanks.

gstours

The cheese picture was a tillomook medium cheddar,  the company markets a great version,  butt is unavailable in my local area.   So I'm trying to duplicate a variation of it,  with theirs.
   Quite possibly the company makes a special cheese for their properity smoked cheese exports..?
I'm going to try to post more using my cold smoke adaptations.  It's easy, n mmmm.🤪

gstours

I,m saving the wear and tearing of the red cooler for when all stops are pulled out.   Currently I'm due for another fish soon ,  so I'm not worried 😟 yet.   Butt my luck changed to the worse, as I had a good king on for about thirty seconds,  then notta.  ⬇️ The weather has warmed and some ☔️ rain and snowmelt has clouded the saltchuck, at least the top column,  as far down as I could hold my breath.⤵️⤴️.