Custom 9/0

Started by Alto Mare, March 18, 2019, 10:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I'm not sure if any of you guys have been assembling these 9/0 kits and if you've run into the same problem.
I just finished one and wanted to mention what I needed to do..

First of all Tom did a great job milling these to accept the second dog.
In order to make that second dog work with no issues, you will need to sand the back side a little, so it won't get caught up on the flat dog spring.
I held mine with vise grips on a belt sander and both dogs are now working to perfection

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

Thanks, Sal!

Great job, beautiful reel — and a good tip...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

twotone

Beautiful color combo. These 9/0 plates make a nice finish to Tom's frame. No dbl here ,but if I do. Thx Sal for the heads up.
twotone

Reel 224

Sal: Nice setup. I'm working on one myself and wondered how I was going to do a DD set up. I will show the setup when I get working on it, soon as Fannie gives me a break :o ;D.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Swami805

Thanks for the tip Sal, I need to do mine.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Darin Crofton

Great tip, Sal, this will be the first dd I attempt. Did you use two cc ss 9/0 dogs? Thanks!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

steelhead_killer

Thanks Sal.  That answers some question I had from earlier.

Andy
><)))">

RowdyW

Sal, is that one of those scarce Accurate full frames? Always nice as usual.         Rudy

Fishy247

That reel is SAW-WEET!! Love the color combo Sal. Just another masterpiece...

Newell Nut

That is a beauty Sal. Well done.

Alto Mare

Thanks guys, but my job was just for assembling. Oh wait, I did tell him to go with black plates🙂.

Yes it is Rudy, I had a few, but only kept one for myself.

Darin, I used one for the 6/0 and one for the 9/0.
But you use what works best, you can also shorten them, or reshape the tip.
I had the unusual gear sleeve in this reel with straight teeth on the ratchet.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.