xn16 squidder stuff

Started by farmer56, March 23, 2019, 07:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmer56

hey  randy  farmer 56  here  ...   do  you  think  we  could  get  a  few  spools  made  up  so  we  could  use  the  xn16  frames  on  the  penn  100   155  180  reels   ...  i  would  buy  two  maybe  three  spools   ...  thanks  farmer  out     or  could  there  be  a  shaft  swap  out  kit  ....

Ron Jones

That there is a great idea. An itty-bitty 180!
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Dear Dennis and Ron,

I don't think that it would be too much of a problem to run a few extra narrow spools for the 100/180/27, etc. the next time that we run the P16XN kits.  As you pointed out, the spool body is the same and all that would be required is a different shaft.  I don't know what the minimum quantity that Tiburon would require to run the special shafts, since they do not currently make any spools with that shaft, but I think that it might be the same shaft as used in the P21XN Jigmaster kits, and in that case, I don't think that would be a problem.  Does anyone know if that is the case?

Thanks,

Randy

farmer56

keep  me  in  the  loop  ...  farmer  56   dennis  thanks  again  for  helping  us  with  our  addictions

Decker

Noticed there is a question that didn't get answered buried here :)

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on March 24, 2019, 10:31:24 PM
I don't think that it would be too much of a problem to run a few extra narrow spools for the 100/180/27, etc. the next time that we run the P16XN kits.  As you pointed out, the spool body is the same and all that would be required is a different shaft.  I don't know what the minimum quantity that Tiburon would require to run the special shafts, since they do not currently make any spools with that shaft, but I think that it might be the same shaft as used in the P21XN Jigmaster kits, and in that case, I don't think that would be a problem.  Does anyone know if that is the case?

Randy, I think you are asking if the Jigmaster 501 spool shaft is the same as the Surfmaster 100 spool shaft, correct?   You are asking in order to determine if the spool shaft of the P21XN would fit on an XN16 spool, in order to work with a 100, 180 or 27 reel, right? 

Who's got their calipers handy?

BTW, I think this is a great idea, and am envisioning a picture-plate Baymaster 180 on the custom frame & spool. 

Vintage Offshore Tackle

That's correct Joe.  If the 501 and 100 shaft are the identical, then the P21XN shaft would work in an XN 100, 180, 27, etc.

Thanks for the clarification.

Randy

Decker

I'm trying to get a definite answer to this on another thread:  https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=28175.0

Looks like the shaft length between Surfmaster and Jigmaster is the same, but there is a difference in shaft diameter.

Regardless, it seems like an adaptation of the xn16 to the non ball-bearing reels would be popular.  The thing about narrow reels is that they fit plenty of braid, are strong and are easier to manage. Narrow reels are now the obvious choice.   You're onto something good, Randy!

Fishy247

OK, now I'm getting excited.... :D