Need an emblem for 707 greenie

Started by 1badf350, March 24, 2019, 04:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

I picked up a well used 707 bailess. Unfortunately the emblem is long gone. I know this is a long shot but idoes anyone have one or know if anyone makes replicas?
Thanks
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

oc1

There are a lot more Spinfishers out there than there are emblems to go with them.  Its the same with Alcido Microns.
-steve

Darin Crofton

Hey Chris, While you're looking for an emblem try using an old Indian Head penny in it's place, looks really cool. I'll send you one if you want?
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

foakes

Just checked — have a few new sideplates — for greenies — but not for a 707.

Found  NOS 700, 704, 710, and 713.

Sorry,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

1badf350

Thanks guys, I figured this would be a very hard to find piece. I will just be patient
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Benni3

foakes

Yep, one will pop up —

Patience, as you said — along with keeping the request active and "out there", will likely succeed.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

1badf350

More than likely i will need to buy the side plate with emblem intact. Which is fine by me.
-Chris

foakes

Quote from: 1badf350 on March 25, 2019, 05:01:46 PM
More than likely i will need to buy the side plate with emblem intact. Which is fine by me.

Yep, I will keep an eye out...

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

oc1

Quote from: Benni3 on March 25, 2019, 04:15:34 PM
A jewelry mold could be made,,,, ;D
That would be a fun project.  There's a guy in Malaysia that casts replica emblems for Alcido Microns. 
-steve

Benni3

Are they made out of bronze or brass?

George6308

Greenies are made from a circle of Aluminum pressed in a die and copper /bronze colored. "Z"'s are an Aluminum disk pressed in a die and painted with reel model number. Both types are very thin metal.
There was a man in Florida called the "Reel Restorer" who had a generic replacement made for the Penn Spinfishers he restored, but who knows where he sourced them from. I believe he passed on a few years ago.

Benni3

Quote from: George6308 on July 04, 2019, 05:13:03 AM
Greenies are made from a circle of Aluminum pressed in a die and copper /bronze colored. "Z"'s are an Aluminum disk pressed in a die and painted with reel model number. Both types are very thin metal.
There was a man in Florida called the "Reel Restorer" who had a generic replacement made for the Penn Spinfishers he restored, but who knows where he sourced them from. I believe he passed on a few years ago.
thanks for the info,,,,,,,, ;D

Cuttyhunker

Doomed from childhood

Cuttyhunker

Chris,
My Bad, one of the crew here pointed out this is for a Z not greenie, however the seller seems to have other medallions......
Doomed from childhood