Fun in Cancun

Started by steelhead_killer, March 26, 2019, 10:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

Tom's 9/0 kit, alan's drag insert and handle, the bosses knob, SS gear and sleeve from pro challenger:

Trolled for a Mahi Mahi and I got lucky to get the hookup on my reel!  Overkill for such a fish but it was still very enjoyable putting one of these reels into use!  Everything performed perfectly!  Thanks everyone!
><)))">

Hardy Boy

No such thing as over kill when you are trying out a beauty reel that one worked on and built !! Nice fish.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

steelfish

The Baja Guy

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Fishy247

That looks like a very pretty way to break in a reel! Very nice!

Ron Jones

Way to go my friend!
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

conchydong

Nice. Fresh Dolphin tacos sounds good to me.

Darin Crofton

Way to break her in there, Andy!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Shark Hunter

Awesome Andy!
Sometimes they get Skull dragged. ;)
You brought a Machine Gun to a knife fight. ;D
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Nice Andy!...better safe than sorry ;)

Thanks for the report.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Nice catch and nice reel overkill or not. Next time hook a reel tester for fun. Good Luck

steelhead_killer

The boat had nothing but stock 9/0's and as we walked down the dock everyone had the same in their boats.  Seems to be the standard. Could have been a lot more fine if I hooked it on the narrow 4/0.  Oh well there is always next time. 
><)))">

Donnyboat

Good work Andy, your reel looks great, glad you caught a nice fish with it, and maybe many more, thanks & cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Dominick

Good work on the reel and that fish.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.