Something you don`t see everyday

Started by oldmanjoe, March 28, 2019, 02:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

philaroman

for $1200, I'd want ball bearings  ;D ;D ;D

Reel 224

very nice and ornate. I'm sure someone would appreciate it. But I would pass for $1,200.00

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

oc1

.... but you have to admit it is pretty neat.  A pot puller.
-steve

1badf350

Its a lot smaller than it looks. At first glance I thought it was big.

QuoteWHITE OAK BASE MEASURES 5 15/16 LONG X 3 15/16 WIDE X 1 3/4 THICK

CAST IRON HOUSING MEASURES 3 1/4 X 2 7/8 X 3 3/16 HIGH

OVERALL HEIGHT APPROXIMATELY 5"
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Swami805

I thought it was big too until I saw the dimensions.  If it's a pot puller must be small pots.  Still pretty cool but $1200 cool? 
Do what you can with that you have where you are

philaroman

ditto...  thought cheap S&H was a mistake, 'til I scrolled down...  intentionally misleading -- note how he hides the actual unit of measure, except once at the end...  for $1200, I was expecting feet -- not, inches

Reel 224

The work that went to that piece is worth the price, Imagine If you were to make that same item.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Fishy247

Hmm...what rod would you pair it with though?

philaroman

oldmanjoe

I just sent a message to the seller for some more information , I`ll post his response .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Alto Mare

One of my customers gave me a piece that was shaped by using just hammer and chisel, no welding.
I later gave it as a gift to someone and should have kept it.
That is a nice piece , but it is cast iron. I think it is way overpriced, but that's just my opinion.
I guess if someone really needs to have it, money doesn't really matter.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

oldmanjoe

I did a little looking around the patent records and found out it`s a ice/float reel .
  Here is the patent page with a description and drawing .
https://patents.google.com/patent/US188503A/en?q=fish&q=reel&before=priority:18771231&after=priority:18770101&oq=1877+fish+reel

Reel 224

Quote from: 1badf350 on March 28, 2019, 04:18:08 PM
You should buy it Joe  ;D

I would but I just spent 4 times as much on shop eqiptment to make my own projects.

Joe