Super tune my reel!

Started by Pelagicide, March 30, 2019, 04:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelagicide

I'd like to get my Penn 970 super tuned - how do I go about that, cost and where to send it?

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

thorhammer

Fred or Sal. Awesome reels.

Alto Mare

Hello Pelagicide,
Since my name has come up and I thank the member that thought of me, I will answer you.

By the way, I did answer you once, about 8 months ago. This tells me you really like this reel  :)

Upgrades are limited on this particular reel, parts are just hard to come by...but honestly it doesn't need much.

I would not be able to help you at the moment, but I'm sure Fred, or most of the guys here could.

In case you have forgotten, here are some ideas of what I was able to do to my personal 970:
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10273.msg97129#msg97129

At the moment it has this handle and I really like it on this tiny reel

Good luck!

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

You might consider doing it yourself. New bearings, drag washers and the lubricants are all available from Dawn at smoooth drag on here. All the information you need is here. Take it slow be patient and worst case is you send it out in a bag if you can't get it done. Just a thought
Do what you can with that you have where you are

alantani

i don't know why, but i was thinking it was a spinner.....   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Donnyboat

Hi Pelagicide, why dont you do it yourself, there is plenty of info here, to guide you through it, & there is nothing better, than to do a reel up yourself, & then catch a nice fish with it, have a go, I`ve got my money on you, yee ha, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

I should ad, take digital photos as you dismantle the reel, then refer back to them, as you place it back together, good luck cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on March 31, 2019, 04:38:41 PM
i don't know why, but i was thinking it was a spinner.....   :-\
If it was, I would have sent it to you ;D

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Donnyboat

Hi Pal, it is April fools Day, this morning in Australia, but I was`nt having a go at you, I am sure you can do it, a few years back early one April fools Day, some one sent a message through social media, that there was 200 dolfins beached them selves one one of Perths popular beaches, there was a big rush to the beach to help these dolfins back into the water, turnt out there was 200 dolfin torches planted on the beach, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Bryan Young

I have 2 drag kits left for this reel and likely no more will be made.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Pelagicide

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 01, 2019, 03:37:53 AM
I have 2 drag kits left for this reel and likely no more will be made.

Hey Brian,
Still have any of those drag kits left? Can you PM me the info on ordering?