Lowrance Coustomer Service Sucks

Started by Keta, July 25, 2023, 09:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

First finding a phone number is almost impossible.  Once you manage to find a number and call you get to be on hold for hours,  2 this time. Then they tell you they will not service a 5 year old chartplotter!!!!!!  When you ask to get bumped up the chain you get put on a "go away" hold loop, 3 hours now.

They make Shimano's bad customer service look good.

Lets Go Lowrance!!!!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Crab Pot

I feel your pain Lee, Lowrance did me dirty as well.

Switched over to Raymarine and have been a happy camper ever since.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Keta

I have a 30 year old Pre Raymarine Raytheon video sonat that still works.

Garmin customer service was great the last time I needed help. 

Garmin and Raymarine are good machines.

My problem is I have Lorance autopilot and radar I can not afford to replace.

Knowing my chartplotters were not going to be repaired by the jerks I pulled them open and found a broken soldered joint in both machines.  It took longer to find my small soldering iron than it took to repair the shoddy workmanship.

Again, LETS GO LOWRANCE!!!!

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Over the last 3.5 years —- companies have used the Pandemic as an excuse for slow response, shipping, customer service, supply lines, inventory, etc..

Many employees were working from home.

However, that has now been over for nearly a year, or more.

And yet, many firms got used to providing customer no-service —- found that it was cheaper, and the public would understand.

That ship has sailed...

Personally, I deal with many companies (like most of us) —- suppliers, shopping, utility companies, government agencies, insurance companies, banks, etc, etc..

When they still use the excuses they used during the pandemic, provide customer no-service, and have ridiculously long wait times —- with oftentimes not even a call back —- they will NEVER get my business again.  Even if they are a lower price.

The one thing I cannot replace, is my time.  And I will not allow it to be wasted by agencies or companies that just do not provide at least acceptable customer service.

I just move on —- and let others know my position and opinion.

There is little in this world I need bad enough to waste hours on hold —- until the line gets cut off —- or they are not the right department, and I have to start over again.

Frankly, the businesses that do not care about their customers —- don't need or appreciate my little amount of business.  So why should I waste my time?

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crab Pot

Ever tried dealing with the VA?

The absolute WORSE customer service to the BEST Customers in the country.

I guess the VA folks couldn't hack it at Lowrance.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Keta

Mark Twain

Cuttyhunker

Let's make freebie welfare as easy to get as earned VA benefits
Doomed from childhood

Keta

Mark Twain

Bill B

I just tried to call Penn to check the status of my 60N sent in for warranty repair.  There are only 100 people ahead of me in the phone que.  estimated wait time is 3,223 minutes 😩. At least they have a call back feature 🤔. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Rancanfish

Quote from: Cuttyhunker on July 26, 2023, 12:25:15 PMLet's make freebie welfare as easy to get as earned VA benefits

And let everyone not currently eligible to vote for more freebies for themselves.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Penn

Quote from: Bill B on July 26, 2023, 06:28:32 PMI just tried to call Penn to check the status of my 60N sent in for warranty repair.  There are only 100 people ahead of me in the phone que.  estimated wait time is 3,223 minutes 😩. At least they have a call back feature 🤔. Bill

PM your contact info and I will check status.

tony

Keta

Mark Twain

Bill B

Quote from: Penn on July 27, 2023, 12:34:37 PM
Quote from: Bill B on July 26, 2023, 06:28:32 PMI just tried to call Penn to check the status of my 60N sent in for warranty repair.  There are only 100 people ahead of me in the phone que.  estimated wait time is 3,223 minutes 😩. At least they have a call back feature 🤔. Bill

PM your contact info and I will check status.

tony

Thank you sir, PM sent.  Bill

Bill B

Tony thank you for the quick reply!

Hey Bill.

Sorry for the delay.  Reel was wrapped up a few days ago, scheduled for delivery Monday.  Tracking UPS 1Z8429A20341452877.  Not all Fathom's have an issue with the handle, so looking at the order it doesn't appear the handle was replaced.  We also just go replacement handles in today, so if you are in need of one send me a note and I will have a replacement handle sent out right away.  tony

Shellbelly

When I was working, I used to know people "inside" the places we did business with.  I got answers, results, good and sometimes bad news.  When I asked why I had to do end runs around customer service processes, the answer was always the same....money and profit.  Funny thing is my contacts were never afraid to inform me while customer service was designed to be ignorant and unresponsive.  The customer is the can that gets kicked down the road by being on hold for hours and hung up on.  Corporations know this because they designed the process and shipped our access points to service overseas.  Oh I gotta shut up now.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)