alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Holy Moly!! New to me Violator V22
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
July 15, 2019, 10:08:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Moly!! New to me Violator V22  (Read 698 times)
JRD

« on: April 06, 2019, 07:39:49 PM »

I picked up a V22 at a decent price.  Wow itís impressive.  Smaller than a Squidder 146 with massive gears and drags.  3 stack carbon fiber with stainless internals, an ARB and Spring style anti reverse dog.  Pictured with respective squidder parts for comparison.

* image.jpg (3119.7 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 35 times.)

* image.jpg (2202.94 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 47 times.)

* image.jpg (2039.16 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 54 times.)

* image.jpg (2043.15 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 38 times.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 08:53:59 PM by JRD » Logged
mrwilson99

ProGear & Newell Nut

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 07:46:23 PM »

V22 is one of my go-to reels for all my trips. These things are tanks and doesn't get enough love, but I have the entire series.

David
MarkT

Mission Viejo, CA, USA

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 07:54:04 PM »

They shouldíve called it a Raptor if the model is the V22!

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!
David Hall
Firearms Group

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 07:54:42 PM »

Ingot one of those myself and it is a stout little reel, Iím disappointed in the anodizing, my silver one seems to build some pretty harsh corrosion in a short amount of time.  I leave my rods and reels on the boat throughout the salmon season, I rinse them off after each day of use and stow them below deck. At the end of the season the pro gear which had less time on deck being used than my abets, accurate, shimanos, had way more corrosion to deal with.  So watch out for that but it does run smooth and capable of serious work.
JRD

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 10:16:45 AM »

Ingot one of those myself and it is a stout little reel, Iím disappointed in the anodizing

Yes Iíve purchased a few older PGs with that issue and this one had the beginnings in a few places but Iím anal about washing and rinsing so Iíve never worried too much because of my cleaning regimen.  There are a few QC issues though, the jack had some rough edges from stamping that wore into the bridge plate, all polished now and the drag stack wasnít assembled correctly with the second and third CF washer stacked together.
David Hall
Firearms Group

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 07:38:22 PM »

Ingot one of those myself and it is a stout little reel, Iím disappointed in the anodizing

Yes Iíve purchased a few older PGs with that issue and this one had the beginnings in a few places but Iím anal about washing and rinsing so Iíve never worried too much because of my cleaning regimen.  There are a few QC issues though, the jack had some rough edges from stamping that wore into the bridge plate, all polished now and the drag stack wasnít assembled correctly with the second and third CF washer stacked together.
Good points to look for, I will crack mine open after this season and see whatís going on in there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: