Grilled Chicken with North Carolina BBQ Sauce from Thormhammer!

Started by El Pescador, April 07, 2019, 01:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

My cousin, a computer tech head from Silicon Valley, stopped by yesterday to fix a list of computer, internet, file storage & TiVo streaming issues, and stayed for dinner.
While we all enjoyed grilled Rib Eye Cap on the rare/med. rare side, his wife only eats Chicken.
As I prepared her chicken, she wanted a spicy BBQ sauce on it.
I said NO PROBLEM - GOT YOU COVERED!!!

So I slathered it with this BBQ Sauce, sent to me by Thormhammer (John) for the AlanTani.com 10th anniversary party.

She takes ONE Bite and says, "S*&T!!!! THIS IS GOOD!!!"

and she is not one to use profanity.

Christie grabs the bottle of sauce, take a screen shot of both the front and back of bottle and tells all of us, she will visit this location someone on  a future visit to that part of the world.

I told her GREAT, and gave her Thorhammer's name and info.   

John, THANK YOU for opening up the world of eastern North Carolina BBQ to some hard-nosed Germans out here in sunny California!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

thorhammer

Certainly my man, happy to send some more, no need to have to travel for it. I need to send you guys some actual Thorhammer sauces as well....my own formulae.

BTW, I'm 1/4 Northern Italian as well :), so I grew up on a mix of Que and collards, and weisswurst, wienersnitzel, unt kartofflen dumplings.

theswimmer

Oh ya , Weisswurst.
Grandma used to make big batch every spring.
The finest of all sausage....
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

ReelFishingProblems

Making me mouth water!

Going to grill some chicken thighs (love the way the crisp up on the outside)

Trying to convince myself and then my wife that we need a Traeger

Nick

El Pescador

Quote from: thorhammer on April 07, 2019, 02:28:27 PM
Certainly my man, happy to send some more, no need to have to travel for it. I need to send you guys some actual Thorhammer sauces as well....my own formulae.

BINGO Rinnie ThorHammer!!!!

For sure and YES we will arrange for a sufficient quantity of your Original ThorHammer BBQ formulae sauce for our next Get-To-Gather here at Chez Verdun.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

thorhammer

Quote from: ReelFishingProblems on April 07, 2019, 04:40:58 PM
Making me mouth water!

Going to grill some chicken thighs (love the way the crisp up on the outside)

Trying to convince myself and then my wife that we need a Traeger

Nick

Thighs are my favorite, hand's down. Note: if you are cooking on gas grill, you can coat the crap out of them with Lowry's and they will essentially fry up crispy on the grill in their own juice. My wife's favorite....no sauce, just pick'em.