whuppin stick rod reveiw, funny !

Started by nagant, April 07, 2019, 04:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

;D ;D GREAT!  I have a brand new 9' MH spinning Whuppin' Stik ready for action.  ;D ;D                                                         

Benni3

Whopping stick,,,ugly stick same thing a little heavy but hard to break,,,,  ;D

Crow

I've got three....maybe it's four ???...that I use for "beach fishing".....in different lengths, and "actions". Cast pretty good....never had one break (even when they get "sat on", dropped, jumped on, to keep them from being dragged into the water, or, otherwise abused by a bunch of old men!), and, the price is certainly  right ! I've never watched "myself" using one, but, from watching my "fishing buddies"....I'd say the video is a "fairly accurate" rendition of what can happen when a bunch of snow birds get together for an outing !! Luckily, there are no trees, on the beach....but docks, driftwood, rock jetties, and sunken boats all mahe a good 'test' , as well !! ;D
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

steelfish

nice rod for a weekend warrior or a kid

what would be the blank made of?   solid fiberglass?
The Baja Guy

festus

Quote from: steelfish on April 08, 2019, 06:42:02 PM
nice rod for a weekend warrior or a kid

what would be the blank made of?   solid fiberglass?
Good for live bait fishing, not so good for casting lures all day.

Here's from Cabela's site:

Our Whuppin' Stick rods have become a customer favorite for their nearly indestructible, advanced polymer fiberglass blanks. When we first introduced these rods, we knew they would make a splash, but we had no idea they'd create such a tidal wave. Graphite reel seats securely lock your reel in place without adding significant weight to the rod. Blank-through-handle construction makes it easy to feel even the light biters. Stainless steel frame guides with ceramic inserts stand up to the toughest fish. Cork grips ensure all-day comfort.