Penn 9/0 reel needs drag service do I dare??

Started by rebait1, April 07, 2019, 05:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Donnyboat

Rebait, be patient, do it once do it properly, looking forward to the photo when you finish, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Brewcrafter

I will mirror everyone else - be patient (I know!).  Cal's is available from a number of reputable vendors, many of them on this site.  But then again, a little goes a long way and it is not cheap (it is the Standard!), so waiting the additional shipping time is probably the fiscally responsible choice since unless you do a LOT of reels, even the 1oz container will last awhile. - Brewcrafter

rebait1

Well its been awhile, which unto its self is no help. I was side tracked by

stitches

fishing

cardiac by pass....

2 of which I would recommend avoiding!
Paws, and enjoy Life !

rebait1

Now I'm stuck.

Why doesn't this fit flush???

And HOW the anti reverse spring fits totally confuses me
Paws, and enjoy Life !

rebait1

Most everything cleaned up OK. Hoping to do this w/o going to tackle shop!

Paws, and enjoy Life !

Gfish

The eccentric jack #11-115 isn't gonna sit flush until you put the bridge plate(with the drag stack on top of the gear sleeve) and screw it down from the outside. The "anti-reverse" spring(I call it the eccentric spring) looks right, is the lever screwed down on the outside of the plate? If so, you can flip the lever and push the eccrentic jack flatter as it moves the yolk down.

Dude, best to bring a gun to a knife fight. Hope you heal up well. That 9/0's lookin better, yer gettin close!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

rebait1

"The jack slides over the rivet on the eccentric"......is how it's described on youtube vid. Just seems like it should fit flush.

I'll try again
Paws, and enjoy Life !

rebait1

OK duh from my disassembly pictures I can clearly see they don't fit tightly together thanks.
Paws, and enjoy Life !

broadway

Glad to see you're back at it... stop messing around with all those stitches and get to catching more of those beautiful stripers. ;)
All looks good so far with the reel.  The eccentric won't sit flush at the stage you're at... it will when you put her together though.
Best,
Dom

Alto Mare

Nice to see you back at it! Next we need pics with that 9/0 catching fish.

Best wishes for a full recovery.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.