Lure Maintenance & Mods.

Started by Gfish, April 08, 2019, 12:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

liking the bubble eyes 

have you ever noticed any difference in hook-ups ratio fishing a stock spoon vs a same spoon with those bubble eyes?

I think I have few docens of those eyes in diff sizes that i might try too
The Baja Guy

Miles Offshore

We buy most of our offshore hooks by the gross and none goes in the water before being sharpened and black sharpied the tip. On all my "fish hair" baits like islanders , sea witches etc when the hair gets deformed i soak them in fabric softner/ hot water mix  overnight then rinse and hang to dry. Any kinks in any flouro leaders i remake. I use a lot of mirrorlures and i just replace hooks on these small baits. Sharpies can make any mirrorlure any color you want and they work well to change colors!
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

philaroman

Sharpies have limitations: drew some bleeding bellies on white paddle-tails & put 'em back in original bag w/ whatever original "oily moisture"...  next time I reached for them they were a fairly uniform pale-pink, instead -- rather nice, but not as intended

joel8080

Re the eyes on lures, when we lived in Panama I was told about them, and it really made me think it about 6 months ago and 5 years since we moved back to CA, I was told the best color eyes to paste on are " the red ones they show fear" 6 months ago I started a search for red eyes and I only found only 1 package of Red eyes so I bought them and pasted my fingers together with Red Eyes, I bought a few other colors and sizes and spent  a lot time pasting my finger's together but every lure & Iron I own has eyes, I hope the fish know they are a prime target?.

Tight Lines
joel8080
Oceanside,California