cutting vise grips to make cross pin pliers

Started by alantani, April 09, 2019, 10:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: steelfish on April 13, 2019, 07:54:20 PM
nice video Jefe

I did something alike few years back when I saw yours on a tutorial, but I cut mine different, the idea is the same I just found this worked better for me

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15012.msg155077#msg155077
Guess I should have clicked the link earlier  ;D
Now I see what the tool is for...very nice!

Cor

Quote from: The Fishing Hobby on May 17, 2019, 07:07:54 AM
Quote from: Gfish on May 17, 2019, 05:46:43 AM
On older spinners, there's sometimes a cross-pin that holds either the spool or the click gear, on the spool shaft.
Right, usually on push button release spools. There is rarely a reason to remove those (I've never needed to). They are pretty easy to get at too. I'm thinking if there is a need to make a special tool to remove/install these pins, there must be a part that is serviced regularly that has a pin the needs to be removed on something other than a spinning reel.
Cornelis

kmstorm64

On older spinners, there's sometimes a cross-pin that holds either the spool or the click gear, on the spool shaft.

Got it, beyond lubing and cleaning, I have never had an issue with a spinning reel. I don't have too many Spinners for the salt. Most of them are new or nearly new, and I keep up on them.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: kmstorm64 on May 17, 2019, 01:47:36 PM

Got it, beyond lubing and cleaning, I have never had an issue with a spinning reel. I don't have too many Spinners for the salt. Most of them are new or nearly new, and I keep up on them.
The vice grips aren't for spinning reels. See the picture a few posts up for what it is for on conventional reels.