alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial cutting vise grips to make cross pin pliers
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
October 20, 2019, 03:18:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cutting vise grips to make cross pin pliers  (Read 942 times)
The Fishing Hobby
Sensei

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 11:09:53 PM »

nice video Jefe

I did something alike few years back when I saw yours on a tutorial, but I cut mine different, the idea is the same I just found this worked better for me

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15012.msg155077#msg155077
Guess I should have clicked the link earlier  Grin
Now I see what the tool is for...very nice!
Cor
Cape Town

I am probably fishing......

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2019, 12:12:17 AM »

On older spinners, there's sometimes a cross-pin that holds either the spool or the click gear, on the spool shaft.
Right, usually on push button release spools. There is rarely a reason to remove those (I've never needed to). They are pretty easy to get at too. I'm thinking if there is a need to make a special tool to remove/install these pins, there must be a part that is serviced regularly that has a pin the needs to be removed on something other than a spinning reel.

* IMAG1583.jpg (342.52 KB, 1167x1200 - viewed 34 times.)

Cornelis
kmstorm64
Firearms Group

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 05:47:36 AM »

On older spinners, there's sometimes a cross-pin that holds either the spool or the click gear, on the spool shaft.

Got it, beyond lubing and cleaning, I have never had an issue with a spinning reel. I don't have too many Spinners for the salt. Most of them are new or nearly new, and I keep up on them.

Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!
The Fishing Hobby
Sensei

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 06:15:27 AM »

Got it, beyond lubing and cleaning, I have never had an issue with a spinning reel. I don't have too many Spinners for the salt. Most of them are new or nearly new, and I keep up on them.
The vice grips aren't for spinning reels. See the picture a few posts up for what it is for on conventional reels.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: