Family Favorites

Started by ChileRelleno, April 14, 2019, 01:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Fixed a couple of family favorites for dinner tonight.

Garlic Herb Crusted Pork Loin
Fresh Green Beans with Onion and Bacon

I started by dry brining the pork loin overnight with a generous application of Kosher salt.
The next day I minced 1/4C garlic, 4T worth each of rosemary, thyme and sage, then I cut five deep lengthwise cuts in the loin and filled them with the garlic/herbs, then trussed it well and finally coated it with more garlic/herbs.
Into a 275° smoker over cherry until the average IT was 140°.

For the bacon I did two 1.5lb weaves and chopped them into nice chunks.
Sauteed 5 small sweet onions in a stick of butter till just starting to soften, then added two pounds of fresh green beans and 2T of chopped garlic.
As I sauteed the veggies I added salt in increments till I was satisfied, normally I would add crushed red pepper too but I was feeding the in-laws and they're soft mouthed.

The Finale

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

David Hall

looks great Chilli.  love me some smoked tenderloin.

Dominick

Hey John this was from April.  What have you done for us lately?  You are slowing up.   ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: David Hall on May 21, 2019, 06:21:10 PM
looks great Chilli.  love me some smoked tenderloin.
Quote from: Dominick on May 21, 2019, 06:33:13 PM
Hey John this was from April.  What have you done for us lately?  You are slowing up.   ::)  Dominick
Wow, talk about a time delay...  LOL.
And here I thought y'all were tired of my spamming the food pron.

Tenderloin?  Too rich for my blood.
This is plain'ol inexpensive loin, but still mighty tasty with some love/time put into it.

Sorry Dom, been spending too much on some new firearms and related items.
Nothing really noteworthy in the kitchen but I did do a couple of Tri-Tips and Veggies on the grill last night.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Dominick

Well then, go shoot something and cook it.   :)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.